cheapest way going td04 ?

ianmcintoshi

Member +
i see that but would rather pay the extra from 1 of the traders and get a gaurantee.

Is that td04 turbo i just posted any gd ?

Yeah bro buying from traders is defo the best option to ensure you get good quality.

The turbo seems fine mate, not a bad price for a reconditioned one either :)

ktl

Member +
Yeah bro buying from traders is defo the best option to ensure you get good quality.

The turbo seems fine mate, not a bad price for a reconditioned one either :)

right then, so turbo sorted. Im thinking zisco manifold/downpipe. speedvision water/oil lines.

I was looking at this..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TD04L-Turbo-R...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item335b4f3cc3

Hes off the starlet forums aswell apparently as a mate brought a td04 "kit" off him.

Or could i get it cheaper ?

Don't bother with that, join a scooby forum and post a wanted thread, you will get one for £40

i was thinking that route what sort of power would it make at a bar of boost do u loose power without the td04 manifold?

Same boost, power is slightly less but it comes in alot quicker and actually is quicker as i found out when we raced on our track

EXCELLENT ! can I use my stock rad ? I would prefer to.

Of course

i see that but would rather pay the extra from 1 of the traders and get a gaurantee.

Is that td04 turbo i just posted any gd ?

Don't by fooled by all the arse licking of traders, you often will never hear of the problems people have. Manifolds from every trader on tgtt have failed....

I'm running a wepr kit (mild steel) and apart from being shit fitment it has stood up to the abuse so far.

My set up cost me about £1000 with a few of the bits used.

The other one cost about £250 and is also still using a tmic....
I know which one I would have chosen if the option was available to me at the time.

VXR230BHP

Member +
Don't bother with that, join a scooby forum and post a wanted thread, you will get one for £40

Same boost, power is slightly less but it comes in alot quicker and actually is quicker as i found out when we raced on our track

Of course

Don't by fooled by all the arse licking of traders, you often will never hear of the problems people have. Manifolds from every trader on tgtt have failed....

I'm running a wepr kit (mild steel) and apart from being shit fitment it has stood up to the abuse so far.

My set up cost me about £1000 with a few of the bits used.

The other one cost about £250 and is also still using a tmic....
I know which one I would have chosen if the option was available to me at the time.

Good write up rep rewared. I'am going TDO4 when I get my engine and I'am on a bit of a budget with this build. It sounds as if a good TDO4 can be built this way with no problems and run just as good as those expensive kits.

jjayokocha

Ulster Area Rep
cheapest way:

properly ported standard manifold, one from CCM £60

an adaptor plate, weejohn used to make them can be got rather easily 2nd hand £40

Decat made up on car by an exhaust place e.g. powerflow £60

Custom oil lines made up £20

TD04L got from a scooby forum £40

RX7 460cc injectors off ebay US if required £60

Grand total of £220 if you don't need injectors.

You will obviously need some form of management

Before anyone flames me, the very same setup has been going strong the past 7months at 1.2bar
exactly the route i am going

Only way to tell is to buy it and put it on, however if you brace them too much, when the metal gets extremely hot and tries to expand the brace can restrict this movement, causing stress in the manifold/decat which can result in failure.