which ecu, or chip to get?

turbo-fever

Member +
right i was wandering wat would be the best ecu or chip to get, but i am only lookin to spend bout 500 -600 quid which includes buying fitting and mapping, so can anyone recommend some was thinkin unichip but wat bout the things like mines ecu, blitz ecu etc need some help ppl?

sx_turbo

Lifer
dont go for a blitz or mines etc etc, there not reprogrammable.

unichip is a good alternative, i'm not sure on the specs but i beleive its very similar to the emanage, this unit also has to be tuned by special dastek approved installers/tuners, i was quoted £630 all in for this fitting and mapping.

then you have the emanage blue, excellent specs, proven time and again, and a site favourite. unit from a trader is £355 + fitting and mapping it will cost around the £600 mark in all.

there is the ultimate emanage but thats an extra £100

also the apexi safc/neo, but this is no where near as goood as the unichip or emanage. this is just a cheap quick fix.

turbo-fever

Member +
some good points there!!! so basically i am looking at emanage or a unichip is there any differences in them? or is it jus down to personal preference

sx_turbo

Lifer
between the emanage and unichip there is virtually no difference, except people seem to have had better results with the emanage than the unichip.

also the emanage just looks way cooler and has a cooler brand than a unichip imo.

Starbus

Member +
dont go for a blitz or mines etc etc, there not reprogrammable.

unichip is a good alternative, i'm not sure on the specs but i beleive its very similar to the emanage, this unit also has to be tuned by special dastek approved installers/tuners, i was quoted £630 all in for this fitting and mapping.

then you have the emanage blue, excellent specs, proven time and again, and a site favourite. unit from a trader is £355 + fitting and mapping it will cost around the £600 mark in all.

there is the ultimate emanage but thats an extra £100

also the apexi safc/neo, but this is no where near as goood as the unichip or emanage. this is just a cheap quick fix.

I run the Blitz at the moment, my car made 202bhp at 0.9bar with this ECU. The fueling was pretty much spot on, although a little rich in places.

It makes a massive difference over stock.

You say go for something mappable, but every time u change your car you need a remap, now if you can't map yourself this is going to be expensive.

sx_turbo

Lifer
I run the Blitz at the moment, my car made 202bhp at 0.9bar with this ECU. The fueling was pretty much spot on, although a little rich in places.

It makes a massive difference over stock.

You say go for something mappable, but every time u change your car you need a remap, now if you can't map yourself this is going to be expensive.

and what happens when you get to the limit of your blitz or mines ecu?

dac69er

Super Moderator
and what happens when you get to the limit of your blitz or mines ecu?

you buy a power fc like me :rockon:

im going to get my car rolling roaded with the power fc and my JAM ecu to show people how much difference it actually makes.
will be really interested as i have a feeling alot of people will be suprised.
i believe that on stock or hybrid ct9 the premapped ecus will be nearly as good as the like of an emanage or dastek unichip. after that point im not sure tbh

Kelly

Member +
between the emanage and unichip there is virtually no difference, except people seem to have had better results with the emanage than the unichip.

also the emanage just looks way cooler and has a cooler brand than a unichip imo.

bens gt did a 13.4 on the unichip
daves old starlet was on a unichip
and tanya's td04 gt was on a unichip and many more

its hard finding ppl to map them i think. we got power fc now.

sx_turbo

Lifer
bens gt did a 13.4 on the unichip
daves old starlet was on a unichip
and tanya's td04 gt was on a unichip and many more

its hard finding ppl to map them i think. we got power fc now.

the unichip is a reasonable bit of kit just as good as the emanage

dac69er

Super Moderator
do a search mate. there are many types. pre-mapped stand alones, piggyback units and re-mappable stand alones

azerty

Supermoderator
can you get a motech ecu for starlets??

I beleive you can get motec ECU on any car if you'r motivated enough to adapt a new wirring and sensors... the answer is yes. you can have motec on starbo.

turbo-fever, your choice should be based on the "tuner shop" you will choose, go for the unit they are used to map.

unichip, emanage (blue or ultimate) or PFC will all do great... I loved ultimate on my setup ;)

dac69er

Super Moderator
if you want one really badly just keep the money asside (£700+) and get one when it appears for sale second hand. i managed to get hold of one after a long while waiting