Raised Bonnets *Pics Please*

Glanza-V

Banned
Hey guys,

Im liking the Idea of rasied Bonnets for my Red Glanza.

It sure does get "hot" under the bonnet.

How Have you done yours?

Could You Please put Pics of the BOLTS Plz!

Cheers
Akki

Dan3SGTE

Member +
yeah its worth it mate especially if your running more power under the hood... heat dissipation has soo many benefits....

I wouldnt mind doing this too......

tucka

Member +
yeah alot of ppl have bonnet lifters wen they have highly tunned engines to help the heat escape, prob be a gud idea for urs plus make it luk even meaner lol

C

CaL

all you need to do is go to your local b and q or similar or just maybe find some bolts teh same size as the starlets...but they have to be at least 1 inch longer...less will look shite and wont do much....then all you need to do is put a couple of spacers betweeni.e a few washers....then align bonnet back on and enjoy....free top mod lol....i wouldnt do it though as looks shit if you havent got a carbon bonnet....oh and rs turbo owners do it lol

Glanza-V

Banned
all you need to do is go to your local b and q or similar or just maybe find some bolts teh same size as the starlets...but they have to be at least 1 inch longer...less will look shite and wont do much....then all you need to do is put a couple of spacers betweeni.e a few washers....then align bonnet back on and enjoy....

Wow Little Kids Got a Brain SUMWHERE! :rolleyes:

But is that the Original Way Or is that a Bodge Up?

Dan3SGTE

Member +
all you need to do is go to your local b and q or similar or just maybe find some bolts teh same size as the starlets...but they have to be at least 1 inch longer...less will look shite and wont do much....then all you need to do is put a couple of spacers betweeni.e a few washers....then align bonnet back on and enjoy....free top mod lol....i wouldnt do it though as looks shit if you havent got a carbon bonnet....oh and rs turbo owners do it lol

though you loved the old RS's, one point you wanted one instead of the GT...

good bit of info there though mate ;)

C

CaL

wow did i get something right??lol....i think you could get away with getting bonnet raising blocks off a rs turbo akki...ibecause they have big gaps for adjustment so could fit....£10 from autospecialits.co.uk ....i remeber i did want a rs turbo...omg what was i thinking

starbogt

Member +
can't say I've seen any glanza's with a raised bonnet I've a pic of my ep82 but it won't show you what yours would look like... Its easy to do took me half hour to fabricate and fit some thing to raise it!

Gee

Member +
I tried it on mine, but one of my bonnet brackets is dodgy so if lefted the whole bonnet instead of just the top

Neal

Member +
I would do it Akki, cooling is very important on heavily modified cars like yours.

Look at an oil cooler aswell and bigger sump ;)

bullet

Member +
ide like to do this to my car but worried it would look stupid, would love to see a pic of a silver glanza with it done