1bar on CT9 ?

Bullet00th

Member +
I'm getting my car mapped on sunday by Jones36 at Tuning Developments. I've decided to run 1 bar on my CT9. The turbo is in good condition etc. How long do you think it'll last ?

I don't go booting it around all the time just now and then. How many people are running 1bar and how long have you been running it for ?

Matt

from reading previous posts about this topic i gathered that 1 bar is a safe boost to run on a healty stock ct9 but close to its limits :)

Only had it running a bar for about a month now, no problems.smoke ect. Ive heard if you run without a dump valve @ 1 bar (chatter) it will kill it pretty quickly :p

Bullet00th

Member +
Well i will be running a dump valve. Hopefully i'll get a good few months out of it. I am going to get a hybrid soon, just wanna see what 1bar feels like on a CT9 :)

Cheers mate

tom_hunt

Member +
Only had it running a bar for about a month now, no problems.smoke ect. Ive heard if you run without a dump valve @ 1 bar (chatter) it will kill it pretty quickly :p

I drove my CT9 @ 1bar for 6months with some serious chatter and I used to boot it quite alot back then! No problems what so ever!

I recken 1bar is the best boost to stick on the CT9 myself.

Tom

H

hoochhenry

iive been runing my ct9 94 starlet on 1 bar no problems at all 4 years and stil runs strong:gt-smilie:

Timmy

Member +
Yeh the ct9 is one of those turbos once you get past 6months at 1bar they seem to just keep going. Mine went on standard boost, the main reason for them going at 1bar and under is age rather than strain.

Bullet00th

Member +
Knowing alot of people are running 1bar feels me with confidence :D

Thanx everybody for your posts.

Will be posting up some pics soon.

Matt