Autobahn oil catch can

MJA

Member +
can anyone tell me what the third outlet on the Autobahn oil catch can's is for?? :homer:

if it's not there for any particular reason, how can i block it up?

tom_hunt

Member +
I thort it was a over flow pipe? Should have another pipe of tibe to come off it that dangles under the car ?? Could be wrong tho lol

Tom

riko666

Member +
no, that's the point of the bolt underneath, you empty it. The other pipe can be bunged up, but ideally it should be connected to the intake or perhaps back into the dumpvalve (for OEM Setups) as that will pull the air from the PCV Valve through, and actually drag the oil and muck into the oil Catch Can

98_Glanza - apart from look pretty, what an Oil Catch can does is it catchs the oily deposits and vents gases produced as byproducts of the combustion process, which are then expelled by the PCV Valve, and instead of plumbing it back into the intake - which creates a mixture which lessens the effectiveness of the incoming air, and leading to a higher probability of detonation - it catches said oil, and vents said gas

Rik

Member +
Are you using the standard hosing that came with it as it isnt a too good fit? Does the filter have to go on there or can it be placed elsewhere? Would be good to see some pics of where everyone has put theres! Or links to them?

dac69er

Super Moderator
you can put the filter on any one of the stubs on the can.
as for the hose, damn stuff is too big, i threw it away and got some that actually fits from the stores at work!

MJA

Member +
you can put the filter on any one of the stubs on the can.
as for the hose, damn stuff is too big, i threw it away and got some that actually fits from the stores at work!

what have you done with the remaining stud then?

dac69er

Super Moderator
nothing at the moment, just left it open. may connect it to a stub on the inlet or to the pcv valve, havnt decided yet.

I had the same problem a couple of months ago regarding wot to do with the third pipe.

MJA u got a bov on ur car? if so wot one? I hav hks ssqv version 2 jobby and connected a third pipe to a part on the hks bracket (hard to explain)

I've sent an e-mail to ya tho wiv a pic. Still havent got round to payin to be a member yet, so cant post pics on the forum

Rik

Member +
I think people should post pic's of there setups :) Gonna put mine on later with the shitty hose until I get some decent fit stuff!

tosa2tosa

Member +
has anyone actually noticed "gains" in performance on this?

yeah i gained at least 20bhp :p
next step.....speed stripes, then i'll b flying like a spaceship :homer:

where do ppl think is the best possition for it?
got my filter located at the front so thinking at the back of the engine bay

dac69er

Super Moderator
i havnt of the oil catch can itself, just one of the enginebay but its hard to tell whats what.

just screw it to the bracket that is mounted on the strut tower!