Levin Problem

bridgo

Fresh Recruit
Hey ppl. Got a 97 levin bzr and over the last 2 weeks its developed a hesitation when accelerating. Its kinda hard to describe. When im just moving and ease on the go pedal it feels like the car is being held back ontil i put foot to floor and revs go over 5000. Also if i drive and keep the revs constant (say 3000 revs in second) the car starts to chug. Not sure if this is a great explanation but as i said its hard to explain.
A friend of mine thinks it might be a dodgy spark plug or or the timing may be a notch off.

Any other ideas welcome as this is startn to piss me off.

Cheers lads

Jay

Admin
Sounds like ignition related - check plugs, leads, connections, etc.

Could be a batch of dodgey fuel as well. Happened to me before on various cars. Fresh fuel filter will do it no harm.

bridgo

Fresh Recruit
Yup. Down south allrite. Checked sparks and im gettn sparks allrite. Ive gone through 3 or 4 tanks of fuel since so I doubt its bad fuel. Goin chekkn timen this weekend.

DSC01811.jpg

sx_turbo

Lifer
i would change the plugs mate sounds very much like that is the problem.

i beleive these engines have long life plugs and may not have been changed for a while.

they may be sparking ok but when the revs build the spark may be getting blown out.

bridgo

Fresh Recruit
i would change the plugs mate sounds very much like that is the problem.

i beleive these engines have long life plugs and may not have been changed for a while.

they may be sparking ok but when the revs build the spark may be getting blown out.

Cool. Il purchase some decent plugs and see how i get on. Cheers ppl:rockon: