Temp gauge acting odd

Kev

Member +
Hi all.

My temp gauge has been acting very odd of late, in fact I noticed it since the colder weather has come in. I don't always get time to pre-warm the car prior to leaving for work, but if I don't I really take it easy until it's warmed up.

I first noticed that when my temp gauge warmed up sat a little lower then normal, usually sits just under half way, but this time was just a bit lower.

Now this morning it began to rise above C and stayed there for about a 10 mile drive to work, although the engine ran perfectly fine. Pulled up and left it on tick over and it rises to a normal level, but if you run the car it begins to drop.

However another odd thing is that if you basically accelerate, come on boost and push it a bit, the temp gauge begins to rise again to a normal level, slow down and drive to a cruise and the temp gauge begins to fall again.

I think it's possibly a faulty temp sensor? is this common on the glanza or is it something else?

I need to book it in shortly for the cam belt change, but I'd like to try and find out a bit more about this issue before it's booked in, as I'll get them to look at it.

thanks for any help
Kev

EP82

Member +
TBH it does not sound like there is a problem, its getting colder and as such the air running through your engine bay is cooler thus a lower reading when driving, The temp should be normal under boost as the engine is not being cooled fast enough. Again with standing still it would acheive normal engine temps as there is no cool air running through the engine bay.

Just my thoughts anyway :)

Kev

Member +
ok, I just surprised to see it sit soo low.

I'll probably leave it for now then.

Kev