Warning lights?!?!

riccles

Fresh Recruit
Since i have had a service on my starlet, now and then the battery light and the square box with heat lines coming out of it appear together.. any one know what the problem is for this?!

Thanks

p.s car keeps very cool.. so didnt think it was to do with over heating?!

monka

Member +
these lights came up when my alternator belt was slipping and eventually snapped.
does your belt squeek at all mate?

riccles

Fresh Recruit
yer belt was slipping making noise.. just took it to garage need a new alternator and battery! doh! thanks anyway

riccles

Fresh Recruit
Yer i realised this earlier after speaking to a couple of people, green lantern gave me the alternator idea! and towed me to the local ! havent heard from em yet apart from a big bill!

mentioned the belt situation and just done the usual sales man talk and said how he had checked it lol...

thanks for the replies. .

milloman

Member +
I too have had this problem from day 1 of the engine having been swapped for a freshly rebuilt one... will have to get it investigated but it seems purely electrical because for example... they'll come on and off randomly, but sometimes they'll come on when i turn on other electrical things, like the rear windscreen demister... and quite often when i'm indicating it'll come on each time the indicator flashes, so it flashes in sync with the indicators!

Is there anything to check before going to have my pants down by a garage?

Amd1691

Member +
Yep guys had a bad experience with the electrical stuffs.
seems that some of the warning lights do come on due to insufficient voltage or current, even thought they are fine. Like for Ex, the ABS light might come on if the voltage is below 10V. It happened coz I was runnin 2 amps without any capacitor.