Engine managment light + fuel cutt

OllieTurbo

Member +
Right. Been having a couple of annoying problems tonight with my Glanza V.

The first problem i had was when giving it some beans getting on the motorway the car just went dead for about a second, after i realised it was a fuel cut, ive never experienced this before.

Next i noticed the engine management light came on, after turning off the car and turning it back on it goes, but once i hit full boost again it comes back on.

And the finall thing ive been noticing tonight is that the boost gauge has been getting up to around 12psi , which is wrong as it is still set to standard boost (10psi) and has never passsed this before tonight.

List of my engine mods: Hks supper dragger exhaust, Relocated airfilter to front, forge dumpvalve, front mount intercooler, magnecore ht leads.

I was thinking that it may be boost creep, which then may of caused the fuel cut, but then would that cause the enginemanagement light to come on? Also my mate thinks it sounds like there could be a boost leak, were going to check for that tomorrow though. Anybody got any ideas :mad:

Scooby

Member +
Yip boost creep leading the car to hit fuel cut.

I had the same problem yeseterday after getting my manifold sorted, the actuator was set to high, I was loosing pressure as the manifold gasket was wrecked, I set the actuator before I noticed the Gasket was gone. Just slight adjustment on the actuator solved the problem.

If you have the standard actuator and factory level fuel cut, id defintely recommend getting HKS actuator and FCD.

OllieTurbo

Member +
ahh thats not too bad then if its just the shit standard actuator, would that be causing the engine management light to come on then when it goes above 10psi if its still set to standard boost?

A new actuator will be going on along with a td04 kit in january :)

GT_Irl

Member +
ahh thats not too bad then if its just the shit standard actuator, would that be causing the engine management light to come on then when it goes above 10psi if its still set to standard boost?

A new actuator will be going on along with a td04 kit in january :)

the EML light comes on when you fit fuel cut or get close to fuel cut, hence its coming on above 10psi. The standard actuator can get knackered pretty fast when you start adding mods, basically by the sounds of it its not holding boost properly so it may be just worn out. Also, you might try blocking up some of your airfilter (wrap a few layers of tights around it) to restrict airflow just a small bit to stop the creep happening so much.

Or get your wastegate ported...would be the ideal solution!:p

Whats causing the added boost is more than likely the cold air were having at the moment...always get a few extra psi in winter! It may not even be your actuator (though I would get an uprated one asap as they are much much better), you may just need to restrict that airflow a bit on your relocated filter

Last edited:

Foggy

Member +
I hit fuel cut last night it was cold out i have a ported wastegate but im running close to fuel cut anyway.

OllieTurbo

Member +
ahhhh ok that makes sense now then . Like ive said ive got td04 manifold , turbo and everything to go on, but isnt booked in till early jaunary to be fitted and mapped. Will the car be safe to drive round till then if i take it easy :) ?

GT_Irl

Member +
ahhhh ok that makes sense now then . Like ive said ive got td04 manifold , turbo and everything to go on, but isnt booked in till early jaunary to be fitted and mapped. Will the car be safe to drive round till then if i take it easy :) ?

ya mate, it will be fine. Hitting fuel cut is bad for the car so just keep your right foot light:p Also, you might try what I suggested above.

hitting it once wont do too much harm..but if you hit it regularily your asking for big trouble