Starlet GT Major Issues!!!!

Nizman

Fresh Recruit
:( guys i need one and all to help!!

i just installed a ct9 from a glanza on my ep82.....my previous ct9 died :mad:

now it looks like i have an oil leak somewhere around the bov area, and the car is running major rich!! ill take pics in the morning and post it up.

assistance please!! :(

TRD-TAZZ

Member +
??? Ct9 ???

It sounds like the turbo to me.
Where did you get it from and is it RECON or USED ....

There are 2 ring seels in the turbo on both ends. 1 at the turbine side
and a nother at the comprossor side .....

it sounds like 1 or both of them are gone " its not running rich it burning oil "
there could be a nother problem ...The retun from the turbo to the sump is blocked or has a restriction in the pipe allowing the oil is building up in the turbo .

Nizman

Fresh Recruit
What do you meen the old one Died and how did it die >

Morning Guys,

Yes, the car is burning a heap of oil, right now i only have the downpipe on and its filling up the air around the car when u accell....and its really performing poorly but making boost...8psi roughly from the gauge installed.

The old ct9 died with the previous owner thats why i bought the car, figuring well just get another ct9 and bolt up and good to go. I have the old turbo, its seized and was not making any boost at all and leaking oil all over the flipping place. :mad: dont tell me i bought another dying turbo.....it chked out fine by two mechs.....:(.

I will take off the IC piping and so forth and see if any oil is in the lines etc. and take some pics.

TRD-TAZZ

Member +
Old CT9

Well how long have you been driveing the New turbo ..
it could be burning old oil in the system ....

Thats the big prob with turbo seals " cant check it on the out side "...
The waste gate may can be checked externaly...

Be very wery where you get turbos from always ask why was it removed in the first place , theres normaly 1 of 2 awnsers

1-damaged
2-upgraid

Ok about the smoke .....the turbo blows oil 2 ways
1 past the copressor seal threw the intercooler into the manifold " the plugs will be very back from burning oil
2 past the turbine seal into the exhaust the heet from the exhaust burns the oil " the plugs wont be all that back "

but from your 1st dicription its the compressor seal ..Oil from the BOV ...

Ive just been threw this with a RECON turbo it hell of a thing ...I know what you feel ..>

Harvey

Member +
Dont right it off yet mate.

If its oil around the bov its not going to be the pistons, if it was that the oil would just be burnt. Its almost definitely the turbo. The seals are knackered. Was the inside of the exhaust housing all black? My bet is it was/ or now is if the seller cleaned it!

Is it worst when you are sat idling then pull away?

Nizman

Fresh Recruit
Ok guys just did the comp test and the results are in!

1. 150psi
2. 50psi
3. 60psi
4. 150psi

Conclusion?? I took off the IC pipe obviously i had to in order to get the test done. Oil is inside the intercooler and turbo up pipe and bov side.

This turbo is leaking on the intake side? and still my 2 cyl are shot. dammmmmm pissed!!! :mad:

im gona go have :beer:

Nick@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.TuningD
was about to say sounds like a piston has gone but looks like 2 have, sorry to here mate, what spec you been running?

TRD-TAZZ

Member +
Unluky

darn thats unluky ....is it 100% piston or could it be burned valves ..
Shit i thought i had it bad ...sorry mate .>

TurboDave

Member +
If there is oil all over the place and there are results like that on the compression test then idd put my right arm on piston damage.

Nizman

Fresh Recruit
Well guys im back, had a few drinks and im feeling a little better.

Im just bummed over the fact i have to take down my motor. I think i gonna check out the price of a complete rebuild kit after i take it down and inspect it. I will be sure to keep you guys updated as i find more faults with the car. :flame:

My spec is pretty basic as the car came from japan as an ex-circuit runner.

Its a 95 GT....power everything.
1. Cusco Adj. Suspension with Camber Adj.
2. Cusco Engine Brace.
3. Sway bars (not sure of the brand)
4. Apexi Turbo Back Exhaust.
5. Stock Downpipe is gutted.....it supposed to have a catalytic in it right?
6. Blitz Intake.
7. Boost Guage.
8. OZ F1 Wheels.

Thats it....i think.

TurboDave

Member +
Sound fair ...

But why would the oil come from the BOV if the piston(s) are gone >

If the standard BOV is fitted the breather pipe from the rocker cover is spitting the oil into the intake piping through the bov.

Dave

Last edited: