Site Bugs

Craig

Lifer
With all "New" sites, there are teething problems. This thread is designed to highlight these bugs to the Admin/Mod Team. As I'm one of the testers, some of the bugs posted may will be resolved by the time this thread is read, but just in case we miss anything, please post any issues, no matter how silly you think they are, in this thread.

1. Posts need authorised before they are displayed - Resolved!
  2. Quick reply does not work properly - Not actually an issue, just me being an idiot :p
  3. Site Speed - Macker has flagged with host!

Last edited:

Macker

Lifer
are you definatly clicking this button -->
quickreply.gif

before trying quick reply? cos its working here for me...

Macker

Lifer
also.. i have now raised the ticket with the host about the speed.. i will report back when i have a response.. they may reboot the server.. i dont know if they will or when they will, but their may be downtime while they reboot.. if they reboot..

Craig

Lifer
Apologies to you... I never quite understood the instructions that were listed. I was hitting buttons such as Bold, Italic etc to try and activate. My bad...

Macker

Lifer
Stickied.. list so far is as follows
  2. Quick reply does not work properly - Resolved!
  3. Site Speed - Macker has flagged with host!

Craig

Lifer
  1. New Posts

It is saying there is new posts when there isn't, the picture below should better explain:

untitledfk7.jpg

As you can see it has the unread post symbol on the left, although if you look to the right, I made the last post!

Think this could be an issue with Cookies?

Macker

Lifer
Stickied.. list so far is as follows
  3. Site Speed - Resolved by host!
  4. Thread problem (new posts) reported by Craig - Macker looking into it

Craig

Lifer
Any chance we could get the minimum message size removed? Sometimes a one word answer is all that is needed :p

C

CaL

im ok astill atm...have to point out that toyota is missing in the header but you probs know that....and the qick reply still isnt working....other than that im trying to find them lol good job on it all though lads;):)

Macker

Lifer
  3. Site Speed - Resolved by host!
  4. Thread problem (new posts) reported by Craig - Macker looking into it
  5. Turn off the "min message size" - Resolved!
  6. Toyota missing in header - Please give more info Cal?

Sharagath

Member +
for point 4

i noticed that when a new post is made there is this pic
thread_new.gif
, i think this is not standing out. at first it didn't catch my eye, maby an other color?

for point 6

i think this is a resolution issu,
on my new lapotp i have a resolution of 1900x1200 and there is a second header beginning on the richt.

C

CaL

at the border at the top(^^^)of the screen.....i see that 'toyota' is mostly missing and says 'to' and a bit of the 'y' but theres no more....no problem was just saying.....could just be me lol

WallaceGlanza

Member +
In the pm outbox the symbols to show whether a person has read the sent message don't work. They always show that the message has been read even though the person hasn't been online since the message was sent.

Is this a fault or is it only to show whether the messages in the inbox have been read?

Can this be fixed please?

Jay

Admin
In the pm outbox the symbols to show whether a person has read the sent message don't work. They always show that the message has been read even though the person hasn't been online since the message was sent.

Is this a fault or is it only to show whether the messages in the inbox have been read?

Can this be fixed please?

You can request a read receipt when sending a PM - it's a tickbox down the screen a bit.

chinaone

Member +
New Post bottom, sometimes shows todays post instead of new post. Which is how we wanted it. So is the Todays post taking over new post?

gv1.3

Admin
New Post bottom, sometimes shows todays post instead of new post. Which is how we wanted it. So is the Todays post taking over new post?

Hi it says new posts if you are logged in... it says todays posts if you are not logged in.