help with knock sensor!

abbott

Member +
I have fault 52 come up which is knock sensor i have just had my engine rebuilt and when i first started it came up. My engine builder said i should test the wiring and the sensor just incase somethink is faulty.
But what i need to know is what colour wire or pin out on the ecu it is so i can do a test?

thanks

Damage

Member +
By any chance did he reconnect the plug back into place mate ? Could also be he didnt see the plug connected and tore the wire when moving some things. Check from the engine side and check if the wire is cut or not plugged mate.

abbott

Member +
By any chance did he reconnect the plug back into place mate ? Could also be he didnt see the plug connected and tore the wire when moving some things. Check from the engine side and check if the wire is cut or not plugged mate.

i took the engine out and put it back in mate ive checked the wire for splits and does not apear to be any. It could be the sensor tho but its a c**t to get out.

Damage

Member +
Not really buddy. Just take the intake manifold bracket the black one and its just a socket you'd need to take it out buddy.

abbott

Member +
The car is running again but when i pull away the engine light comes on fault 52 again ive checked the wiring no splits. the engine is running sweet no knocks or rattles. im going to try a working s/hand one see if it does it if not what else can i check?
help!