Who would be interested in.........

Jules-B

Member +
hi all

my brother has recently moved into a new premises and the guy next door does metal fabrication..
i have seen some of his work and it is truely amazing...if i went ahead and did this i would of course sign up as a trader...

what kind of parts would people be interested in...he could do anything from manifolds to cooling panels..pretty much anything you can think of in metal?

Jules

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
Everyone is always mad for manifolds at a good price preferabilly Mild steal, Cooling panells, Down pipes, Exhaust front Sections minus Rear Scilencer ( no one really offers that ) lot and lots more,

the more competive the market the better IMO

Jules-B

Member +
yes thats what im thinking...

i mean im going to take my car there and get some manis made up..some different designs etc..and ill see what works..

exhausts is a good one aswell
is there any more obscure items people might like to have?

Jules-B

Member +
i like the idea of seat subframes

and the air filter shizzle...i was thinking of doing the efi pipe in metal/ polished will look chrome;..but surely that would be worse for hear soak than the standard part?

keep the ideas coming!

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
i like the idea of seat subframes

and the air filter shizzle...i was thinking of doing the efi pipe in metal/ polished will look chrome;..but surely that would be worse for hear soak than the standard part?

keep the ideas coming!

Most people ditch the EFI pipe because of that and restriction issues,

Maby Catch cans, Swirl pots and stuff like that

Jules-B

Member +
yes thats what i see....but what then about the people that keep the a/c..

where would one make a intake pipe for them?

Jay

Admin
I suggest you research and develop products in conjunction with him using a local area base initially. This way you can gauge the performance and reliability issues on a face to face scale to begin with. This phase would provide a testing bed for the items produced and prepare you for any problems that may arise. Resolving customer issues is much easier in this kind of climate and the market is more forgiving.

Only after a successful testing period would it be time for national marketing. Nothing is worse than an item that has not been tested effectively and your reputation could be affected badly by lacklustre units.

Just my 2p mate.

Jules-B

Member +
yes i see what you saying jay

none of the items that we would produce would be sold until they had been on my car at least..and a couple of others around my area for a month or more

i was just trying to get ideas of parts people may want to see in the future

idrees..one off parts would not be a problem