What do you guys think of this then?

I like! :) Full (albeit small) article here: clicky

car_photo_212074_5.jpg

car_photo_212072_5.jpg

0701-itblogs-03-toyota-vitz-rs-modellista-engine.jpg

Last edited:

starbogt

Member +
I loved the old vitz turbo shame they never imported them over here.. Does look very nice which I don't say about many new cars.

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
They did a Vitz turbo? i know they did a Vitz RS but as far as I knew they were n/a. Seen a few in Cyprus with turbo's, thought they were aftermarket jobs.

[edit] btw a 5 door hot hatch? Doesn't seem right in my eyes.

Last edited:

starbogt

Member +
They did a Vitz turbo? i know they did a Vitz RS but as far as I knew they were n/a. Seen a few in Cyprus with turbo's, thought they were aftermarket jobs.

[edit] btw a 5 door hot hatch? Doesn't seem right in my eyes.

vitz rs was a 1.5 turbo only saw the 3 door there's shit loads in Cyprus. Thats where I saw them for the 1st time in april thought they were about 150bhp though the info given for the new 1 would state otherwise as they're getting a 40bhp raise to 150! very little info on the older 1

Deano

Banned
The only vitz rs turbo that came out was the rare trd model hence why there is very little info on them most people put greedy turbo kits on the vitz rs they aren't that quick tbh

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
vitz rs was a 1.5 turbo only saw the 3 door there's shit loads in Cyprus. Thats where I saw them for the 1st time in april thought they were about 150bhp though the info given for the new 1 would state otherwise as they're getting a 40bhp raise to 150! very little info on the older 1

Sorry mate, the Vitz RS is n/a, I know a guy that owns one, deffo no turbo.

The only vitz rs turbo that came out was the rare trd model hence why there is very little info on them most people put greedy turbo kits on the vitz rs they aren't that quick tbh

Never seen a TRD version Deano but you're right, alot of people over here go for aftermarket turbo kits. But they're still not very quick.

Deano

Banned
My dad and I once went in a vitz rs with a turbo kit it wasn't that quick even my glanza when it was standard was quicker but something different I guess my dad has a vitz rs and as stated only came out in n/a form

starbogt

Member +
I stand corrected I found this on wiki:-

Japan
The Japanese Vitz RS (European Yaris T-Sport) was introduced in 2001 and was powered by a 1.5 L (108 hp) engine, shared with the Echo, Vios, as well as the Scion xA. The 1.5 L T Sport was marketed as 'more fun to drive' than the base models because of a sportier suspension and extra power compared to the 1.3 L (90 hp) model. Later, the Vitz RS was modified by TRD (Toyota Racing Developments), and was fitted with a turbo-charger. A limited run was produced with a power output of around 120 kW (180 bhp) and a 0-100 km/h (0-60 mph) time of just 7 seconds

Explains why even the trd turbo didn't feel as quick as a Glanza turbo!

I'd still love 1