Oil Catch Tank

Red Hot

Member +
go from your PCV valve (upperright connection on your rocket cover) to the tank (top of the tank), and go with the other connection (top of the tank) to the connection on the intake manifold that was connected to the PCV valve before.

If you like, you can put a breather on the other connection on your rocked cover.

The connection at the bottem of your catchtank can be closed, or, if you never want to empty the can, you can run it to your sump. (in that case you have to make a connection on your sump)

Gijs.

monka

Member +
no no no.

not the pcv valve, that should be left, just the bottom hole is used on the rocker,

never seen anyone use the pcv

Iceman

Member +
ok good so here goes. From the rocker cover or where you would put the breather to one of the nipple ontop the tank, put the breather filter on the other and connect the bottom return back to the stump. Am i correct?

monka

Member +
DSC00143.jpg

new_engine_001.jpg

clean.jpg

Red Hot

Member +
Sorry for those peeps, but it doesn't do jack shit connected that way :p
The engine will suck out all gases through the pcv valve and you catch tank will "catch" allmost nothing. When conected the right way, you should empty it much more often.

For Iceman:

chinaone

Member +
I was always wondering which its the right way for the oil catch tank.
As you put it on the breather valve, not one single drop of oil in that tank. (thats the way i have it on my car right now)
But from what Red hot said, the tank go between the pvc and inlet, those are the oil needed to be sift out?
just my thought.:)

goldenvtr

Member +
if you connect the catch tank to the inlet manifold and pvc make sure you block everything else off or it will rev high as its basically a big vacum leak

keirz

Member +
ok i get it now. think i may go and change how i have mine plumbed in then. as this way makes more sense.

Mike D EP82

Member +
i know we have sorted this problem but if they didnt put it on the pcv valve and just on to the normal breather, where did they put the outlet on the catch tank to if they didnt have it going back to the sump??

monka

Member +
the pcv goes to the mani, so if you used the pcv, you have one end going to the the valve, the other to the mani, what you on a bout back to the sump? never heard of anyone going to back to the sump, the catch tank is to stop oil entering the inlet, can sometimes see problems as well if the catch tank is filling up quickly

Red Hot

Member +
@toms kitted: don't mind them. It isn't working properly that way. They might as well put a breather on the rocket cover where they connected the tank right now.

@monka: When you return the bottom connection of a catch tank to the sump, you'll have a closed system. (you never have to empty your catch tank)

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
If you don't connect your catch can back into the inlet then you won't get any oil as there is no blow by. The whole idea is to "catch" the oil and dirt, in essnence filtering the air and returning it clean.

If you don't connect the return then you may as well get a breather or just get a catch can so it looks pretty, I don't even have mine re-connected by the way it just looks nice :eek:

Anyhow that's how they are supposed to work.

T