turbos ct9 VS. ct9b

monka

Member +
ct9b compressor wheel is slightly larger
ct9b exhaust wheel is slightly larger
ct9b has one extra fin on the exhaust side.

Jay

Admin
CT9b offers better 'off the mark' acceleration from what I can perceive. Midrange is slightly better too. They had to improve it to shift the extra weight in the EP91.

I fitted one to my auto GT a few weeks back. Haven't had a chance to get it setup properly though.

Here's a pic of the extra exhaust fin, 9-blade CT9b on the left with 8-blade CT9a on the right:

f_weekend2008m_c275210.jpg

monka

Member +
nice jay.

erm, are my eyes decieving me though.

2 uncracked housings? you wanna take the ct9b off and send it 2 me? lol

RGM1800

Member +
nice post jay...

ct9b is a lot more efficient than ct9. we have a lot of ct9b in here. maybe its time to swap my ct9 to ct9b?

cheers

Monkfish

Member +
I had a CT9b fitted to my GT last year for a few months. I never got the chance to get it RR tested to see if there was a difference in the figures as it shit its pants. She did feel torquier in the low revs and not quite as pokey at the top end, but that is to be expected. The extra blade on the CT9b produces better low down torque which, as Jay quite rightly said, helps the EP91 get it's fat arse moving, at the sacrifice of the little loss at the top end.

I'd say a CT9b would get you better torque figures and slightly lower bhp. If you have a GT and you need to change your turbo and you're planning on keeping it stock, try and get your mits on the CT9b.

:)

Jay

Admin
It gives a nice launch from a standing start. Something that always bugged me in my auto was the lag that the blitz FMIC induced. With the ct9b this lag is greatly reduced.

Haven't been able to run high boost through it yet but it should be an improvement over stock ct9a.

Recommended.