Where to buy 4E-FTE engine?

Jaak

Member +
Anybody know where to get a 4E-FTE engine?

Im driving a 4EFE and would like to do a engine swap in the future.(maybe)
if its gonna be cheaper than buying a same grade Glanza V.

cheers

Jaak

Member +
sweet thanks man, ima bit daft not looking there thouroughly:homer:

How much would labour be to fit it? more or less.
I'm only in the planning stage, but my ass is itching for a turbo:flame:

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
We charge a base rate of £1000.00 for a 4efte conversion exc parts. The loom has to be spliced which is quite complicated and takes time to do and we've done quite a few before, we were one of the first in the UK to have a 4efte UK spec Starlet after Chall and Tony I believe, going way back here!

If you need any help let us know.

Tobs

Jaak

Member +
thats not to bad,
I thought they would charge around 300-500e

You have givin me hopes mate!
Rep added!:rockon:

Why you wana change your engine?

Jaak

Member +
We charge a base rate of £1000.00 for a 4efte conversion exc parts. The loom has to be spliced which is quite complicated and takes time to do and we've done quite a few before, we were one of the first in the UK to have a 4efte UK spec Starlet after Chall and Tony I believe, going way back here!

If you need any help let us know.

Tobs

What parts are excluded Toby? Everything?
So £1000 just for fitting, seeing I supply engine and all extra parts?

Cheers

long story mate,ive taking it apart about 4-6 times now

just keeps going pop

so time for a new one

then sell it lol

That will be the best thing ill ever do

Dont get me wrong,they are great when they are going but go bang very easily

Fishy89GT

Banned
What parts are excluded Toby? Everything?
So £1000 just for fitting, seeing I supply engine and all extra parts?

Cheers

do you know all the other parts you need lol...as its quite alot, and it isnt cheap!

Good luck anyway mate...

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Yeah that's just for the labour, it's not as easy as just removing the old one and installing the new one the loom has to be re-wired as it's made for naturally aspirated engines and not turbo engines. Some may be more, some may be less but we have a lot of expereince in this area. We can import used 4efte's from Japan for circa £550.00 as well, that will be a basic engine though you will still need the starter, pump, ignitor etc. Some also prefer to replace the shafts/hubs and brakes as they 4efe ones are smaller but some don't so completely up to you.

If you wanted to replicate the exact setup I would say around £2150.00 all in fitted and supplied. If you left shafts/hubs/brakes then you could knock a good £400.00 off this.

Hope that helps :)

T

Jaak

Member +
do you know all the other parts you need lol...as its quite alot, and it isnt cheap!

Good luck anyway mate...

not a clue really:)

im a man on a mission.

Im trying to calculate if it'll be cheaper and better while I have a good body just to do a 4eFTE conversion.

Or just sell this one off, and get a V.

Part wise.. probably a engine, rear axle for disc brakes, computer, loom, manual gearbox.... damn thinking of it...it could be a hell of a job.

i bought this car only recently, but im not permanent in IE. Im prob gonna change country in a year. But i'd like to make this a track car...thats my dream anyways.

Jaak

Member +
Yeah that's just for the labour, it's not as easy as just removing the old one and installing the new one the loom has to be re-wired as it's made for naturally aspirated engines and not turbo engines. Some may be more, some may be less but we have a lot of expereince in this area. We can import used 4efte's from Japan for circa £550.00 as well, that will be a basic engine though you will still need the starter, pump, ignitor etc. Some also prefer to replace the shafts/hubs and brakes as they 4efe ones are smaller but some don't so completely up to you.

If you wanted to replicate the exact setup I would say around £2150.00 all in fitted and supplied. If you left shafts/hubs/brakes then you could knock a good £400.00 off this.

T

cheers Toby! I'll defo stay in contact with you and your company. Really good man!

Fishy89GT

Banned

T

Toby's basically said it all....you'd also want the turbo gearbox, alternator, intercooler, and you'd need the turbo ecu aswell...

I think the front hubs on the SR are the same as the glanza, but i cant see why you woulnt put the rear axle in aswell, with all that extra power, as non-turbo rear drum brakes are hella bad.

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Yeah that's it really, in the old days when Starlets were a lot more expensive then it was worth while but seeing as you can get a shabby GT these days for £1500.00 it's almost not worth it. The one great thing is that you can create a sleeper, the GT/Glanza are quite aggressive to look at with the skirts, spoiler, scoop etc where as the UK/Euro models are milder so you really can shock a few people!

Brake wise on the back drums are fine, the bias is minimal and drums are better for handling. Disks are really for aesthetics the performance is minimal. Obviously we are bringing out uprated rear brakes and calipers but these are tuned more towards to the high HP and track Starlets out there.

T

Fishy89GT

Banned
Yeah that's it really, in the old days when Starlets were a lot more expensive then it was worth while but seeing as you can get a shabby GT these days for £1500.00 it's almost not worth it. The one great thing is that you can create a sleeper, the GT/Glanza are quite aggressive to look at with the skirts, spoiler, scoop etc where as the UK/Euro models are milder so you really can shock a few people!

Brake wise on the back drums are fine, the bias is minimal and drums are better for handling. Disks are really for aesthetics the performance is minimal. Obviously we are bringing out uprated rear brakes and calipers but these are tuned more towards to the high HP and track Starlets out there.

T

i only mentiod the brakes as in my SR they feel like murder and that you wont actaully stop, however in the GT its loads better..!

If you want a project do it, if you cant be bothered just buy a gt, thats how i see it

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Yeah that's okay mate no what you mean :)

This was ours back in the day god I miss that car!

SallySleeper-1.jpg

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
To be honest mate with the prices of Glanza#s now you would be better off buying a standardish Glanza V. Glanza S's seem to be pretty popular theese days for learner drivers. so you shouldn't have much bother shifting yours.