injectors on TD04

ryanerak

Member +
What injectors do you think would be best for a TD04L setup running 1.4 - 1.5 bar? i have 330's atm, would they be ok?

herbie

Member +
Ive bought 460cc's for mine but I aint mapped yet so cant really comment.

330's might be ok if you raise the fuel pressure.

H

hoochhenry

can you put bigger injectors in the car a run it without being mapped ?i tought the standerd ecu doesnt allow this might be wrong?

herbie

Member +
I havent put the injectors on yet. Im running a Emanage. The injectors will go on the day it gets mapped/

si-87

Member +
Or 444cc, i've been using these with a blitz turbo, you can pick them up at good prices, there 444cc yellow top injectors from an RB26 (skyline GTR)

H

hoochhenry

arent the standerd injecters good for 220 bhp anyway so why change??????????

Phil

Super Moderator
arent the standerd injecters good for 220 bhp anyway so why change??????????

the guy is forged and talking 1.5bar so chances are he will be maxxing out standard injectors and hit a good bit more than 220 bhp.

Phil

Aga

Member +
td04 at 1.5 bar will easily blurt out around 270, so, 550s would be my recommendation.

Rory

Lifer
I run the 550 @ 1.4bar, and i was told they are overkill.
460cc would suit better, for day to day driving and good fuel economy, and a good idle.

Trying to get a decent AFR @ idle with the 550, along with a good idle is non existent.
Either a roughish idle with a decent AFR or a normal idle, that will be throwing fuel away.

Choice is yours.

ryanerak

Member +
will look for some 460's then, will get it mapped on thee 330's to 1.2- 1.3 bar then when i have a bit more spare cash i'll get some 460's & go for 1.5 bar. Cheers for the info rory, rep added :)

Fishy89GT

Banned
agreed with rory mate.. im runnning 550's with my spec.. you wont need them.. :) still need to see your car :D lol

Aga

Member +
I run the 550 @ 1.4bar, and i was told they are overkill.
460cc would suit better, for day to day driving and good fuel economy, and a good idle.

Trying to get a decent AFR @ idle with the 550, along with a good idle is non existent.
Either a roughish idle with a decent AFR or a normal idle, that will be throwing fuel away.

Choice is yours.

get a new tuner then mate. I've even ran 650's on a 4EFTE with good as stock idle and fuel economy. You either don't have a standalone ecu, or your tuner didnt bother to tune it properly (or is not capable)