Charity Skydives

Craig_GT

Lifer
Charity Skydives - Sponsor link added!

Hey guys/gals,

I intend to be Skydiving in the next couple of months to raise money for St. Andrews Hospice in Airdrie. My cousin is spending his "last couple of weeks" in here while suffering from cancer. The staff are very helpful in looking after him as my Aunt is also a cancer sufferer and is unable to do it herself. I wish to repay the charity for everything they are doing so thought this seemed appropriate.

Heres the charities website: http://www.st-andrews-hospice.com/
the amount of donations actually required to run this charity really hits home: "St. Andrews Hospice’s annual running costs are approximately £4.2M of which nearly £2.2M has to be raised each year from public donations. This is a weekly fundraising target of £42,000."

Just wondering if anyone has done this before? If am honest am shit scared of heights so anyone with experience would be a help!

Cheers,

Craig

EDIT: sadly my cousin passed away on Sat 7th of March :(

Since a few of you guys generously suggested sponsoring me for this i have set up an online sponsor which give you the confidence the money is goin straight to the charity. heres the link:

http://www.justgiving.com/craigthomasmcbride

any donations gratefully welcome guys/gals

Thanks again!

Craig

Last edited:
fair play mate! your doing i worthy thing,

as for experience you`l prob shit yourself but when down you`l want to go straight back up.

its amazing how so many charities are public dependant however still function, maybe one good thing about this country ( the public)

rab

Lifer
charity sky dive

dont worry craig the cause that you are doing it for will give you the momentum to do it i will be doing something like a skydive or bungee jump to raise funds for yorkhill childrens hospital glasgow my baby boy passed away in it three weeks ago and the doctors and staff were very good and it just makes you want to give something back

Craig_GT

Lifer
Cheers guys :)
you dont really realise these places and what they actually do unless you know someone close who experiences it first hand.
Sorry to hear about ur loss Rab mate.

Last edited:

dan

Member +
Im pretty much doing the same thing for a charity for war hero's.

Im like you, bricking it abit thats why ive not fully commited to it. Reminds me I need to speak to my mate about it.

Good luck pal, Starlet Sam has done a tandem dive, said its awesome.

dan

Member +
good luck to ya bud, give us a shout when your set and i'll send some money over.

cameroon95

Member +
Think of it like this

Your jumping out of a plane!:eek:

Awesome bravery though,you'll be rocking all the way down though:rockon:

simonleeds

Member +
family own a skydive center in the uk (skydive hibaldstow in liconshire) and also a center in soulth spain (skydive spain) dont worry about the jump mate youve got more chance of dieing in the car on the way to the airfield ......
Just relax and enjoy it

EP82

Member +
family own a skydive center in the uk (skydive hibaldstow in liconshire) and also a center in soulth spain (skydive spain) dont worry about the jump mate youve got more chance of dieing in the car on the way to the airfield ......
Just relax and enjoy it

He cant now! he will be thinking he is gonna crash on the way there!

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
I did a skydive last year in Vegas from 3 miles up. If people wanna see me with shit in my pants I'll hit you up with the youtube link. Was fuckin amazing.