Member +
hi all
would an apexi avcr from a different car besides a starlet fit my car okay
are these universal to fit
cheers for the help
rep will be added

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
yep universal fit, just fit your vac pipes, a few wires then set it up and your sorted.

There is a serious amount of tech in them I would'nt say there to easy to fit as the need to be wired into the ecu imo the best boost controller there is.

madman

Member +
they are a great bit of kit as corey has said... it will take about 3hours to fit and a good while to set up properly but well worth it.. it so many features :rockon::rockon:

Pav

Member +
As above theyre awesome ebcs, mine took about an hour to install and a good few hours to setup, but its worth it!

There are 6-7 wires that need (or can be) spliced into the ecu loom, there are 2 for ground, one for live, one for rpm pickup (can also be used for injector duty cycle instead), one for speed, one 1 for throttle position (which isnt compatible on the starlet so dont worry about that). Just use electrical taps to run into them without cutting them in half.

Its got its own boost (map) sensor that needs to be located as if you were installing an electronic boost gauge, just find a suitable boost source (i.e, bov or throttle body hoses). All mine are at the throttle body including my fcon map sensor.

Then of course you have the boost solenoid, that needs to be located as close to the turbo as safely possible to help with response. Just hook that up between the hose that goes between the turbo and the actuator (cut the hose in half). Make sure the hoses are secure!

All the wiring in the engine bay (from the map sensor and solenoid) can be fed through a hole in the firewall on the drivers side. Its a bit fiddly as some of the block connectors might have to go through, but its not an impossible task!

Hope that gives you a hand mate, pm me if you need any help with it or setting the damn thing up, it wont be easy at first. :haha:

Last edited:

Sparky

Member +
I want one of these so bad!!

So if I found one on ebay or something for say a skyline I could fit it to my car easy enough without need to get different harnesses etc?

Pav

Member +
The harnesses should be the same for pretty much all cars if Im not mistaken. If you've seen one mate, pm me and ill check it out for you.

Sparky

Member +
Not for the time being, havent fitted my Blitz EBC yet but I know who to come see to set up the avcr *cough* Pav *cough* :D :p

HITMAN

Member +
i have also have a avcr it real good but it can be a little bit of stress to set the duty cycle.don't know if this happen to anybody else but when i set it for one bar the boost gauge showing 15psi but the controller screen display showing .5?????????? i have no idea why this happens

Pav

Member +
i have also have a avcr it real good but it can be a little bit of stress to set the duty cycle.don't know if this happen to anybody else but when i set it for one bar the boost gauge showing 15psi but the controller screen display showing .5?????????? i have no idea why this happens

When you set the "boost", thats the target boost the avcr has to keep with when learn mode is turned on. It wont mean that it will run that boost straight away, its not as simple as that. You need to adjust the duty percentage so that you're reaching the target boost. What have you set the duty to at the moment?

Also, the duty cycle will depend on what the actuator is set to. Do you have an adjustable one? Theres a way of calibrating it.

Pav

Member +
Ok, if you go into the main menu of the avcr, set the profile to "off", and give the car a push on a straight road, see what boost you're getting on both the boost gauge and the avcr.

What boost gauge do you have?