Hi Noob here !help!

shanew1108

Fresh Recruit
Hi everyone, well i eventually bit the bullet and bought a silver 96 Glanza, absolutley imaculate inside and out, brought it home proud as punch, one of my mates come round in his standard ep91 went out for a blast with him and his car absolutley demolishes mine i was gutted seen as mine has induction kit, cat back exhaust, downpipe, cant understand whats up with it, seems really flat in low revs and can hardly feel the boost, its my first turbo car so im not really clued up on the ins and outs, drove my mates car and it is so different...........................
So i got on the phone and booked it in 4 a rolling road tune 2moro, hopefully they will tell me whats up with it right ?
sorry if im sounding a bit dumb,
Got magnacor leads and irridium plugs but im just thinking somethings a miss and what it may be! any feed back would be great.
Thanks Shane.

Blak_Mamber

Member +
Hey dude, welcome to the site.

Well, Glanza's come standard with a boost restriction in 1st and 2nd gears, which is maybe why your not pulling away quickly and not feeling the boost.. but this can be removed easily & safely.

Its hard to say without looking at it tho... maybe someone else can shed some light.

Enjoy the site dude & enjoy your new Glanza :)

shanew1108

Fresh Recruit
Yea it has a boost gauge its going up to 10psi, just seems really flat bottom end and hasnt much kick on boost, it felt quick to me when i test drove it but after been in my mates standard glanza something must be a miss

shanew1108

Fresh Recruit
Yea my mates car definatly feels quicker alot quicker, i was absolutley gutted, hopefully ill find out 2moro what the problem is :)

152.jpg

153.jpg

145.jpg

147.jpg

155.jpg

EP91_Girl

Member +
hello and welcome to TGTT
ok well funny thing is, my glanza and my Ex's one feel and drive totally differant to...
i have a lot more mods then he does, im pushing 16psi and he is still on just 10psi of boost.
i mean your problem could just be some thing simpal or just your friends one has a differant ECU and other modifications... you never know...
Least you dont sit there in 2nd trying to get away an just spinn up like i do tee hee

Enjoy the sight hun

x

Welcome to the site mate,

Could be a number of things that is making yours slower. How is your clutch feel that could be ready to slip also seems like you have the boost restriction still in place so in first and second gear you will get limited boost. Also could be your CT9 Turbo is about to fail. Im sure you will find out on the rolling road buddy.
Christy

shanew1108

Fresh Recruit
Thanks everyone didnt expect such quick replies, was hoping this week to start asking advice for my next mods but got me worried now, oh well we'll find out 2moro whats up i suppose

shanew1108

Fresh Recruit
RR results

:( only made 129 bhp at the wheels?
Turbo to exhaust downpipe gasket blowing quite bad and maybe manifold, would it loose that much power? boost is ok 10psi and holding, fueling ok, it has decat performance downpipe blitz filter,straight through exhaust!

Is now my chance to get a performance manifold and fmic ? any suggestions would be great guys, need to get bhp readings up? also the technician said he couldnt get a live printout because the car doesnt have an obd port or something?
Shane.

Exe_GT

Member +
Welcome to the site mate. Just have a look at the traders section on the site...they will be happy to help. From personal experience i bought my mani from Dane as SPS and it has done the job a treat. Got the race coated one but i think there are a few options now. FMIC wise i went for a Autobahn88 which again has done the job and was easy to fit but there are many options. I am not sure if they slot into place as easy on the Glanza as on the GT. I hear the HDI ones are supposed to be good. The traders that sell them are all easy going and can give better info than me. Relocating the air filter is also a good thing and is fairly straight forward, plus all you need is the relocation kit or custom pipes to suite. What i did was look to see the mods that others had done and chose what route to go down. Good brakes and handling are always good if uping the power. If gaskets are blowing they are easy to replace and there are threads to show you how its done. If it is blowing then it wont be helping the performance at all. Look to take the restrictor off for the 1&2 gears too. Good luck mate and enjoy!!!

Check out the link

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34351

Last edited: