Seats or No Seats? That is the question.

Knightsy-EP91

Member +
Hey guys,

I know this may sound like a stupid thread but i cant make my mind up about whether to take my rear seats out or not :(

I think I would like it because i think it looks really nice have just a couple of bucket seats and the struts in the back, plus i wont have to give people lifts :haha:

Also do you notice the weight difference? not bothered by that tho really.

Just wondering what you guys think?

Cheers,

Ryan.

lingl9z

Member +
I'd like to take my back seats out + fit bucket seats and braces at somepoint and the whole concept about not having to give lifts = win win my arches seem to rub with larger people in the back! Out Out Out!

Duff

Member +
Looks well in some cases especially with a shiney cage in the back too, but the noise when driving isnt worth it, it would drive ya up the wall. I'd only do it if the car was an out and out track car.

stuart

Member +
I have no rear, and you hear every little knock and stone, and feck, when its raining and/or is water on the road it gets kinda bad... also if you got a loud exhaust, it drones a fair bit. But! mine is only used on weekends so is all good :D

addz

Member +
If you were to strip the rear seats out you'd have to rip the carpet out the works.

The road noise with the above removed is supposed to be really irritating.

Personal choice really, crank the music up.

wee-jo

Member +
I stripped mine out and you did notice a difference. I was boosting at 0.9 then I took the back seats, spare tyre everything out and it went up to 1.1!! I use my car everyday aswell before it got garaged, although I did notice that there was more condensation in the morning and the inside of the car was very cold. You can always put the seats back in if you change your mind.

FeNder

Member +
when i took out the rear seat parts , upper n lower , weighed them , they cam in at 7kg , so i thought having a seat back there is better !
i think ur starlets have better spec stock seats , they maybe heavier

Knightsy-EP91

Member +
I stripped mine out and you did notice a difference. I was boosting at 0.9 then I took the back seats, spare tyre everything out and it went up to 1.1!! I use my car everyday aswell before it got garaged, although I did notice that there was more condensation in the morning and the inside of the car was very cold. You can always put the seats back in if you change your mind.

Nice mate! Yea but your up north in the cold lol and im on the east where we apparently get the best weather *cough*:rolleyes: i think NOT!

That is true i guess i could try it for a bit :)

Cheers for all the comments guys :D

durmz

Member +
it will be loud, took mine out for a day...then back in they went, but i do alot of motorway driving

aaron425

Member +
tbh rear seats weigh feck all! BUT when combined with parcel-shelf/6x9's/spare wheel/tool kit/jack/side panels/carpet and the wooden cover and rear tow hook it does make a differance i found.....

i stripped out all of the above and my car weighs 815kg:):):)

I had mine totally stripped.......couldnt deal with the creaks, fuck knows were they come from but my god it drove me up the wall. Mine was everyday, the noise from the road and exhaust was fine but the squeeks and creeks killed the idea very quickly :mad:

Pav

Member +
Personally I love taking the rear seats out now. The exhaust note on the td04 is insane!

But If I was doing a long trip I would have it back in, it takes about 5 minutes to put back in. I would just whip it out and see what you think, if you get annoyed with it just put em back, easy!

GTnomez

Member +
i have stripped mine and and it was 'cool' to do so aswell. my car is my daily driver to university and it also became my storage area for all my crap!!

in the wet it was very twitch aswell but it is still stripped and i dont mine the stone noises and exhaust, im too busy rocking my head to some guns and roses!!

also a bonus is, when peeps ask for a lift, you can say ive got only 2 seats!!! i love it as im always polite and dont say no so it saves me alot! lol