Fuel consumption help

CMR

Member +
Right I know there are a few threads on here relating to mpg etc.. all of which are a bit confusing tbh. People saying their tanks are different sizes etc. Ive researched this and the ep91 tank apparently has a capacity for 45 litres, I am not sure if the GT is the same.

Basically I'm getting roughly 340km (note KM not miles) to 37 litres (this is what I put back in when i fill it back up). I've come to the conclusion that the petrol light in the glanza must come on when there is about 10 litres left, this seems high yeah.. but I cant see the toyota documentation lying about the 45 litre tank :confused:.

This is roughly 25mpg what im getting, driving to work and back (8 miles each way) hardly any boost.. so something isnt right :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'd like a list of things to check for rubbish fuel consumption. My lambda looks new and it looked fine when removed from the cat and refitted, however I have a new one here to fit but not got round to it. My fuelfilter hasnt been changed since ive owned the car.. would a fuel filter that needs changing affect MPG?

My idle is fine, cold starts is 1.1k, warmed up is 800 so Its not stuck in cold start mode.

What else can I check because ive a feeling the lambda wont make a difference?

My mods are irrelevant, I used to get 350km on stock boost stock turbo. Now im on a jam ecu ct9 hybrid at 1 bar and still get the same :homer::homer: One thing to note, is that if I do drive harsly on a weekend full boosted journeys, i still end up with around 320km lol its so bizzare

Help much appreciated because this is costing me a fortune in petrol

ktl

Member +
Right I know there are a few threads on here relating to mpg etc.. all of which are a bit confusing tbh. People saying their tanks are different sizes etc. Ive researched this and the ep91 tank apparently has a capacity for 45 litres, I am not sure if the GT is the same.

Basically I'm getting roughly 340km (note KM not miles) to 37 litres (this is what I put back in when i fill it back up). I've come to the conclusion that the petrol light in the glanza must come on when there is about 10 litres left, this seems high yeah.. but I cant see the toyota documentation lying about the 45 litre tank :confused:.

This is roughly 25mpg what im getting, driving to work and back (8 miles each way) hardly any boost.. so something isnt right :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'd like a list of things to check for rubbish fuel consumption. My lambda looks new and it looked fine when removed from the cat and refitted, however I have a new one here to fit but not got round to it. My fuelfilter hasnt been changed since ive owned the car.. would a fuel filter that needs changing affect MPG?

My idle is fine, cold starts is 1.1k, warmed up is 800 so Its not stuck in cold start mode.

What else can I check because ive a feeling the lambda wont make a difference?

My mods are irrelevant, I used to get 350km on stock boost stock turbo. Now im on a jam ecu ct9 hybrid at 1 bar and still get the same :homer::homer: One thing to note, is that if I do drive harsly on a weekend full boosted journeys, i still end up with around 320km lol its so bizzare

Help much appreciated because this is costing me a fortune in petrol

dunno if this helps you or gives you an idea on what you should be getting around but on £20 i get around 200-230miles and thats razing it (98ron)

I'v done a full tank £32 super unleaded and got 380. Half a tank on motorway and half razing it.

but my car is standard lol

CMR

Member +
Well that definitely makes me think something is wrong, when my engine was standard I got 217 miles driving normally to £35!

ibz

Member +
im currently running 1 bar on ct9 with a blitz access ecu and i got 170 miles from a full tank. it may have been because i had just resetted it and it may have been adjusting but not too sure why its drinking soo much

CMR

Member +
No offence but it pisses me off when people dont read properly, instead of smart arse comments id appreciate it if you read the full post..

My mods are irrelevant, I used to get 350km on stock boost stock turbo. Now im on a jam ecu ct9 hybrid at 1 bar and still get the same

CMR

Member +
Not for awhile but the only thing that came back before was turbo pressure (fuel cut)
Ive not seen the EML come on but il do a check tomorrow anyway.

TomS

Lifer
I was thinking that it could be down to a faulty lambda sensor

Lambdas should be replaced every 70,000 miles or 7-10 years.

CMR

Member +
Nah but im getting AFRs checked on sat, will report back tomorrow with fault codes if there is any

jayc-glanza17

Fresh Recruit
on average, i get 350 -420 kms, with a mixture of town driveing and small blast, and i hae hks actuator set at .7bar, d-cat, uprated manifold, and full exhaust system, uprated.
i would believe the jam ecu, which maps itself very aggressively,
is causing the low consumption.
jst try and do a long run for an hour on a motorway, if u get a chance and record the distance and fuel.
also spark plugs changed ht leads? may not be firing right?

CMR

Member +
shouldnt get getin 217 miles driving normally to £35 mate,

i get 280miles for 35pounds on my TD04 hybird.

Cheers for that, if you get that on a td04 mines definitely fubar'ed! :(

edit: Jay read above, i got the same on stock engine no mods at all!

CMR

Member +
Not sure, got some here to be fitted just need to get a plug socket.

Its not hesitating or missing though.