C52 or C56

Maverick

Fresh Recruit
hi there peeps, can anyone tell me if there are any external differences between the C52 and C56 gearboxes? I have a gearbox that is supposedly out of a glanza, but i'm not entirely sure.

here's a pic of it
f12b_1.JPG

I know its off topic but theres another box with the inner cv's still in place ! Why? its so messy that way. Think im the 1 man army against that way of removing them lol. :p

ryan_v

Lifer
me2 just got a new box its the 5th gear housing thats a different colour. mines aluminum, how would you know if it was n/a if you didnt see the car it came out off. what car does which numbers belong too?

monka

Member +
c56 has a slightly lower ratio as well to get the glanza's fat ass moving quicker in the lower gears

starlet666

Member +
that box isnt out of a turbo starlet at all.... all the gt's have the alloy end cap also.... it is out of the na starlet at best mate... i only know cause i been through all this b4..... now i have a corolla gearbox and it is alloy end cause it is a c52

tersplat

Member +
I know its off topic but theres another box with the inner cv's still in place ! Why? its so messy that way. Think im the 1 man army against that way of removing them lol. :p

nope not the 1 man army, it never made sense to me either. i guess it keeps the internals cleaner, but caps do that too.

Nille

Member +
c56 has a slightly lower ratio as well to get the glanza's fat ass moving quicker in the lower gears

Only for 3rd and 4th gears. The gear 5 is the same 0.815 both boxes.

Depends power and rev limiter + + + which is better.. Large turbo loves long intervals ;) But if rev limit is 8500-9000rpm the 4th ger speed is most likely near 267km/h and gear 5 is over 300km/h with 15" rims.. If taking revs up :haha:

thefalls

Member +
I have a seen a GT and GLanza gear box side by side....The end cap is def ally and there are some kind of cooling fins on the glanza gear box....whereas the gt gearbox appears a bit plain.smooth surface all over.