pics of the gt after a clay

Clayed the ol GT for the first time today so thought I'd take a few pics, still getting my head round this photography lark:beer:
opinions please :)

gt5.jpg

gt6.jpg

gt7.jpg

gt8.jpg

turbojim

Lifer
Lad im loving the gt there is some shine off it looks gorgeous well done:):)

i heard of the clay bar before but wat exactly is it?

h3ppy

Member +
exactly wat it says, its a clay bar you use and it removes all the dirt and tar from your paintwork! its amazing seeing how much crap comes off a 'clean' car!

durmz

Member +
my starlet hasnt shined like that since i bought it, very clean mate, i may have to try this clay milarky :p haha

thanks for all the comments!

its like a white bar of putty, i used the meguirs kit you get in halfrauds

you spray on the lube (meguirs quick detailer)
and then rub the bar across the paintwork, folding it each time, then wipe with a microfibre cloth basically.

even after you wash your car there is still a small layer of uneven dirt, this takes it off leaving the paint uber smooth, i then used autoglym super resin polish and autoglym high definition wax after that. so its really smooth to the touch.
if you drop the clay bar you cant use it again (best to tear it in half b4 you start incase) and keep folding/neading it as you go and once it gets a bit discoloured go onto the next half of it. 1 bar did me (you get 2 in the box)

Guye

Lifer
Very nice shiny GT! I have a clay kit sitting around, a gift I think...will give it a try next weekend if I find it. Good info, rep'd.

Mike_ep91

Member +
Very nice mate.need to get the clay bar out to my car some day soon while the weather is so dry.pics are cool too.

clarkytrd

Member +
exactly wat it says, its a clay bar you use and it removes all the dirt and tar from your paintwork! its amazing seeing how much crap comes off a 'clean' car!

might sound stupid but what exactly is a clay bar mate??

id be real interested in gettin one lol

crackin mint car by the way mate, great work

aaronw

Member +
car looks mint!

clark trd, got on youtube and type in clay bar,shows what it does and how to do it.
kits are 15-20 at halfrauds i think

steo800

Member +
that gt is looking well.

done my rx a couple of weeks ago, you'll really reap the rewards after next time you wash it, will look like it does again in the pics above.

for anyone that has a day or this week and is bored shitless.....

not sure about halfords in the uk, but in ireland there is a 3 for 2 on cleaning stuff.

could get some meguairs car shampoo, meguiars clay bar kit, and an autoglym showroom shine kit that includes polish and polishing cloth. would come to about £30 or €40. well worth it.

that would include...
-meguiars shampoo
-autoglym bug and tar remover
-clay bar kit with speed detailer and micro fibre cloth to use with clay bar
-autoglym super resin polish(autoglym kits come with polishing cloths)
-meguiars wax that comes in clay bar kit and use polishing cloths from autoglym

will have your car as shiney as above

will take a couple of hours, or longer if your like me(try 6 hours over a 2 days)

Cheers for all the comments, its nice to have it appreciated lol after my gf not being amused with me spending hours wiping the car:haha:

aye steo, I washed and dryed it late saturday afternoon and just hoped in the gf's car for the rest of the day so it didn't take as long in the morning claying it etc.

I think you only really need to clay like 2 or 3 times a year

Last edited:

steo800

Member +
i only clayed it just to see what all the fuss was about.

that car has only ever seen a wash and thats it so cant compare it to going straight to polish and wax after washing, but the paint just looked so smooth, and ive never seen such a perfect reflection in a white car.

and it felt so smooth aswell after. i reckon it helps with aerodynamics to, car feels faster since!!! haha

but really, i was wathcing the f1 qualifying yesterday morning and i saw a williams in the garage(think it was a williams) after coming in from a run, and theres a fella spraying some stuff on the front wing and wiping it down. i reckong it was quick detailer hes spraying to remove and dirt and shit to keep it smooth.....aerodynamics!!! lol