CT9 wastegate flap problem

Galen

Lifer
Have a slight problem this evening!
Was driving to a friends house, driving easy when I heard a ding noise under the car, like metal on metal. Saw something black bouncing on the road behind me. Got out and found a small black disc, it was hot to touch so I assumed it came from the car.
Driving the car after and there is barely any boost, just about reaches .2bar after 4500rpm.
Im guessing my wastegate flap has some how come loose and came out through the decat and exhaust. Here's a pic of the disc
13052009615.jpg

13052009616.jpg

So is that my wastegate flap?!

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
Never seen that before but it'd defo the wastgate penny. my advice to you would be to port the wastegate while the turbo is off aswell, and if you are getting it welded make sure you shield the exhaust impeller from any sparks or welding flash

Galen

Lifer
Never seen that before but it'd defo the wastgate penny. my advice to you would be to port the wastegate while the turbo is off aswell, and if you are getting it welded make sure you shield the exhaust impeller from any sparks or welding flash

Thanks Franza, have hybrid coming soon so Il just leave car off the road til then

MarcoFTE

Member +
Obviously due to the pressure It had fallen down wards.
But, REALLY weird that it happened. Not a good example of quality from Toyota..

Galen

Lifer
Obviously due to the pressure It had fallen down wards.
But, REALLY weird that it happened. Not a good example of quality from Toyota..

Well turbo has over 110,000 miles on it now so that may have something to do with it