1993 starlet turbo TD04 for sale

dandydons

Member +
Sad but true my starlet is up for sale. Reason for sale is I have decided to concentrate on my IS 200 Lexus - see my post in my members garage area and you will see why!

For sale:

1993 starlet GT turbo.

Item Condition:

Good - see extra info section below for details

Price and price conditions:

£3500 o.n.o

Extra Info:

Engine:

Td04 turbo,
HKS adjustable actuator
Apexi Power FC (Mapped by Tuning Japanese)
Apexi AVCR Boost controller
Apexi air filter (Front Mounted)
Wepr FMIC
SARD Fuel Pressure Regulator
Walbro fuel pump
Simpsons Racing manifold
SS Autofixed turbo back exhaust
Organic Exedy Clutch
Quaiffe LSD in rebuilt box
TRD Thermostat
Alloy radiator
Cusco Brake Master stopper
Cusco Catch Can
TRD Engine & Gearbox Mounts
TRD leads
NGK Iridium plugs

Suspension:

D2 Abjustable Coilovers
Front Blitz Strut Brace
Rear Toyota Strut Brace
Whiteline Rear Anti-Roll Bar
Whiteline Adjustable Panhard Rod
Whiteline Anti-lift Castors
Ultra Racing mid point Room bar

Alloys:
15" Volk TE37 in black –2 new toyos on front. Goodyear eagles on rear with decent tread.
Misc:

Oil Temp gauge
Boost Gauge both set into A pillar and backlit
HKS dump valve (purple insert)
Carbon Fibre Bonnet
Quickshift kit.
White GT Dials
Alloy Cooling Panel
Momo Leather steering wheel
3g Front discs with Ferodo Racing Pads & Braided brake lines
Cat 1 Clifford concept 300 alarm with installation certificate and spare remote
Uprated front speakers
JBL 6 x 9 in rear parcel shelf

There is a vast folder of receipts that comes with the car proving that virtually all the mods were bought new and were installed professionally. There is also the Jap service history booklet and loads of import documents. Every receipt in my ownership is also in the folder. The car has been very well looked after, serviced regularly with fully synthetic oil and filter changed at 3k intervals. It has been warmed up and cooled down on every outing and has never failed to start. It does not overheat and the turbo has no smoke at all. It pulls very well and thanks to the suspension and braking mods also handles the power well. The car is running at a safe level of 1bar of boost and produces 211bhp – rolling road printout to prove.Since speedo has been converted to miles I can't guarantee the accuracy so have to say exact mileage covered unkown -currently reads 67,707

The MOT lasts until January 2010 and it is taxed until end of July 2009.

I have owned the car for 2 ½ years and have used it mainly as a second car although it is used regularly.

Interior is in good condition for the age – there are no rips or tears. There are a few scuffs in the plastics but nothing drastic at all. The Bodywork is in good all round condition despite having been in a light rear end bump about two years ago. The tailgate and bumper were re-sprayed professionally and a new tailgate panel sourced from Japan. It is to the trained eye not perfect but better you know before you buy.

The only other issue with the car is it suffers from clutch drag – as is common with the exeddy organics. It tends to stick in gear sometimes –especially first gear and this problem has got worse recently suggesting time to replace it. It does not slip at all and may just be the release bearing. I have just had gear box oil changed , replaced the master and slave cylinder and made sure the system was bled properly so next step if I was keeping the car would be replacing clutch.Other common fault is the interior light not working.

I have tried to price the car to sell as it is and know it would probably make more by breaking it but can assure you it is far too good for that. I would prefer it to go to an enthusiast and anyone seriously considering it please get your insurance quotes sorted before deciding anything.

Loads of pictures available if required.

Pictures:

driversrear.jpg

passrear.jpg

passengerside.jpg

driversside.jpg

generalfront.jpg

overalldriverssiderear.jpg

passsidestraighton.jpg

enginebay.jpg

frontsusp.jpg

roombar.jpg

steeringwheeljpgSmall.jpg

wheel.jpg

Contact Details:pM or post here - phone number by pm or email me kevelder@woodbankhouse.fsnet.co.uk

Delivery & Conditions of Delivery:Too heavy to post. Will pick you up at Edinburgh airport if coming from a distance or local train station no problem.

Any serious questions / enquiries welcome - all timewasters will be named and shamed.Please no posts saying 'if you decide to break I will have the ....' If the car doesn't sell I will get the clutch sorted and have another summer of fun in it. - Unless the credit crunch bites me hard and I will then sell one of my children.(probably the oldest one but will decide for sure nearer the time)

Last edited:

Rory

Lifer
Shame to see this for sale Kev.

This is a nice car by any means.

Good luck with the sale.

dandydons

Member +
Thanks for all the comments guys. I won't be heartbroken if it doesn't sell - Just have to tell my wife there is no real interest in it so I have to keep it and then sell one of my daughters to raise funds for the Lexus !:)

Dingle

Member +
Thanks for all the comments guys. I won't be heartbroken if it doesn't sell - Just have to tell my wife there is no real interest in it so I have to keep it and then sell one of my daughters to raise funds for the Lexus !:)

lol, if id got the money id be snapping your hands off for the keys

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Sad to see it up for sale mate, had the pleasure of racing you at Crail a few years back and was a very quick car.

Best of luck with the sale.

Iain