I broke my gearbox/thrust bearig or something related

Spoonz

Member +
Ok guys most random thing has happened got in my car and with no warning the gearbox has started to play up now it will select gears then it wont select anything now i have had problems since i owned the car with 2nd and 3rd crunching.

Now wen i changed gear the car judders forward like the clutch isnt disengaging which is making me think thrust bearing and also wen the clutch is down it is making a horrible crunch/grinding noise.

So am i right in thinking its either the thrust bearing or clutch??

cheers damien

Spoonz

Member +
is that the bit on the front of the box which moves left and right (im not good with names of things just know wat it dose lol)

Spoonz

Member +
yea with 2 12mm bolts holding it in correct?? that looks all good tbh the sound is a grinding noise which makes me think its more a release bearing

Spoonz

Member +
but how?? it was fine the before i parked it up for 2 hours very confusing but if i did that would i be able to still put it in gear and wat the hell would make that happen

bens ep-82

Member +
i have had it happen a few times, usual symptoms intermitant loss of clutch and grinding noise (the broken spring/springs will rub the clutch cover) usually happens if you dump the clutch a bit too hard:p

Spoonz

Member +
hmm well i have a paddle clutch so its on and of lol but i thought if it was the actual clutch then wen i had the clutch down and rev it the noise would get quicker and louder?