Thread Lock -Where do i get it???

J

*JO*

as the title reads. where do i get thread lock? tried halfords and b+q and nothing. bascically my boost pipe on my fmic the bolt on the clip keeps coming undo causing the pipes to slip apart under the samco and leaving me stuck (happened 3 times on sunday thankfully welshowz was there to rescue me!!)

a garage put some thread lock on there before for me when she went in for an mot and it worked!!! but now i think the thread lock is wearing off and the problem is starting again.

if anyone knows where i can get it id be so greatful :)

thanks all

xxx

J

*JO*

what are t-bolts??? and nylon lock nut???

nope halfords dont have it tried there all ready and they looked at me blank lol

xxx

J

*JO*

they are similar to what i have there now. only difference is i have to screw mine tight with a screw driver.

would those hold better and stupid question how do you tighten them???

xxx

Craig

Lifer
They are much better for intercooler piping. Most people with Autobahn coolers had to replace the standard clips with T-Bolts due to hoses popping off. I'm sure it is just a spanner/socket.

J

*JO*

oh i shall order two of them then!!! yeah autobarn i have and they have been a nightmare!!!

going to nag someone now to measure mine to make sure i get the right ones lol

thanks all

:kiss:

xxx

GTdan

In The Closet
its the clamps you have are crap, i had same issues.

Mikalor or t bolt style clamps (as posted above) are the better types of clamps and hold pipes on better.

I had issues with mine, and ended up getting some longer silicone hose to use on the joints, and was able to use 2 clamps on each and that stopped the issue.

J

*JO*

i will get my clips measured this week and then order a few of those clips :) think that is the best option doing my head in stopping on the m4!!!

xxx

Craig

Lifer
What you may find, is that the clips actually have the size range imprinted on them. Go have a look before wasting time measuring. Failing that, someone on here will be able to give you the sizes due to many people replacing their Autobahn clips!

GTdan

In The Closet
oh in mean time, take the hose off, and give it a clean - is there any oil inside the hose/pipes??

J

*JO*

nope we had the samco off on the weekend and it just dirty on the outside.

why would there be oil in it??? :confused:

dont start worrying me now!!!

xx

J

*JO*

What you may find, is that the clips actually have the size range imprinted on them. Go have a look before wasting time measuring. Failing that, someone on here will be able to give you the sizes due to many people replacing their Autobahn clips!

oh i shall have a look tonight but you are talking to the person that took nearly a week to find the acuator and took someone to ring me and explain where it was on the phone and tell me it was a ball with a wonky tail before i found it lol!!!!

xxx

GTdan

In The Closet
nope we had the samco off on the weekend and it just dirty on the outside.

why would there be oil in it??? :confused:

dont start worrying me now!!!

xx

when mine was shagged had a lil bit of oil in pipework, and this was on samco, this acted like a lube :p and kept popping off, so just make sure its clean and dry.

Ive also used a sealent on the pipework - but dont use too much so it doesnt get in the pipework.

Oh and pipework is bigger than you think as you got the silicone thickness to add on to the size aswell, i ordered some and they were too small, as i just measured the internal diameter of the pipework.