hmmm... bye third gear.

Phil

Super Moderator
bust the box today.

was feeling frisky and threw the car third for a little blip...boomcrunch grind grind :(

anyways MASSIVE thanks to the localish crew. jay and chris soon offered suitable solutions, but ed (12345678) had a spare box and i he had her sorted for me inside the day.

it was short notice(i hadnt planned to blow the box lol)
but ed got had me turned around and back out with the new box fitted before tea time.

so no downtime(the main thing) and im back boosting again.

thanks ED.

Phil

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Did it strip the gear?

What where ya doing at the time? 4th drop to 3rd or wot? Flat shit?

Guess there should be no doubts about the power your running now!

A

Animal GT

bad luck man!! u realy are haven it bad..lol
atleast ya got it sorted anyway

Phil

Super Moderator
yeah 4th and dropped to third for a blip, no flat shifting etc.

yeah pretty sure i stripped the gear. the rest were still availible to get me up the road.

powerwise yeah i guess so but the box was whiny recently anyway so i feared for its wellbeing lol (think both chris and ted have both experienced the slight wine of the box)

maybe after christmas it would be worth buying a box and engine since my car is fond of breaking things.

Phil

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
No luck lad! I hate reading things like this, puts the fear in me!

Did u go for a Glanza box?

Phil

Super Moderator
my hahncraft high flow mhi td05 big 16g.

now reduced from 410gbp to 250gbp -NOW TAKING ANY HALF REASONABLE OFFER.

need the money. lol

Phil

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Ebay is your friend! Personally if it was me i'd sell the TD04 kit and stick on the TD05!

Nom nom nom gearboxes!

A

Animal GT

okey dokey phil!!
i could posibly have it sold for you!!
will that turbo fit onto the evo 3??straight fit like.
mate needes 1

Phil

Super Moderator
animal i just dont know. think it was bought for an evo2.

but i just couldnt say for certain, i know nothing about evos. its a bargain no matter what it fits lol.

Phil

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Evos are like subaru as in they've both kept the same flanges throught out their range EVO 4 stud, Subaru 3 stud.

A

Animal GT

no seriously!! hes in bad need for 1..and hes on route past belfast wednesday afternoon.with cash;)!! can you find out lad??

Phil

Super Moderator
haha well if he is in belfast on wed afternoon i could meet him somewhere in castlereagh.

would he know by looking at the turbo? i would hate to tell him it would fit and then it not.

Phil

Fatman

Member +
Glad to hear you've got it up and running again so soon :)

Photos of the failure please! Would be excellent if somebody knowledgeable with gearboxes could strip down the box and let us know what went boom.

A

Animal GT

wel i dont no tbh!! an neither does he..but wat we could do is bring a evo 3 turbo with us?
heres his number lad
eamonn:) give him a bell am with him hear now

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Glad to hear you've got it up and running again so soon :)

Photos of the failure please! Would be excellent if somebody knowledgeable with gearboxes could strip down the box and let us know what went boom.

x2 would also like to know the score. Don't just bin the box.

Phil

Super Moderator
wel i dont no tbh!! an neither does he..but wat we could do is bring a evo 3 turbo with us?
heres his number lad
eamonn:) give him a bell am with him hear now

ok mate, sure we can sort something.

Phil