WMS 4Pot brake kit

GTnomez

Member +
yeah i know! price seems really good, best to wait for feedback!

They need to develop one for th '82 which seems to be next

sanchez

Member +
Yeah price seems great, and replacement parts available cheap to.
Will wait for EP82 and feedback :D

GTnomez

Member +
Its pretty much what is needed for the ep's, a good solid 4 pot bolt on kit without a heavy price tag like willwoods.

Ile be sure to invest in a set of these once the 82's are release.

Unfortunately in the real world you get what you pay for. These are quite small calipers witout dust seals, smaller pads, smaller and thinner discs than the 3g/Wilwood kit. We could have done a similar 1 piece disc kit but everyone wanted the 2 piece discs. Good for fast road but not up to some serious track use IMO

weakboy2

Member +
seconded.

Also the ep91 kit will fit many GT's. Its not tha much cheaper than the wilwood kit though TBF. I can see a lot of warped discs too with that kit. Pretty sure my wilwood rotors are 25mm thick!

Phil

Super Moderator
bigger is better for track use. if i was thinking of doing any trackwork id be saving for the wilwoods.

im only running celica brakes but my car is great now that i have them sorted.
these WMS ones may be the ticket for fastroad users(most of us)

Phil

Bazza

Member +
i know this is off topic but ive got some wilwoods that i havent fitted yet they are all in the box in my garage. with this cold weather will it effect the discs? :confused:

Phil

Super Moderator
bigger is better for track use. if i was thinking of doing any trackwork id be saving for the wilwoods.

Phil

this guy has missed the main point!!!!

those prices when you add them up in that link and add VAT are over 600quid, screw that! st165 twin pots or id stretch to willwoods for the money.

they arent really cheap at all!

Phil

pc18

North West England Area Rep.

Phil

ive fancied trying the celica setup for ages now but with all the talk of different size spacers and getting discs redrilled i just couldnt be bothered with them. are they really a pain to fit??

Phil

Super Moderator
haha the fella just stuck up a post titled FAO tgtt visitors LOL

anyway they are still too dear to tempt me.

Phil