Does any one run a T25?

J25GTi

Lifer
Ive been trying to find info on this for ages, ive been recomended a fast road set up by my engine builder of a roller bearing T25, does anyone run one? Or even a normal t25?

Need some help on this as soon as possible guys as i cant work out CR's etc until i know what turbo/boost etc i want to run.

Any ideas on spool time max boost/power etc?

Should i go roller bearing or stickt o a normal t25?

munday

Member +
Garretts website has compressor maps for all its current turbos, depends if you're looking at the older ones from another car

GaryGT

Member +
T25 runs same Exhaust side as the T28 but with smaller compressor A/R
This wud be a savage Turbo for Fast Road and Track use ;)
be careful when purchasing one as its easy to get a bad one as in requires rebuild!! But highly recommend if ur chasing 250bhp and low down response ;)
will take good boost and spool up is sharper than a td04 ;)

Last edited:

J25GTi

Lifer
T25 runs same Exhaust side as the T28 but with smaller A/R
This wud be a savage Turbo for Fast Road and Track use ;)
be careful when purchasing one as its easy to get a bad one as in requires rebuild!! But highly recommend if ur chasing 250bhp and low down response ;)
will take good boost and spool up is sharper than a td04 ;)

the one i put the link up to? how much would be the max boost to run through it?

i dont understand compressor maps, Repped Gary

EDIT - what about this one, as the other if its only good for 250 seems like a really expensive hybrid?

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/catelog/Turbochargers/GT25/GT2560R_466541_1.htm

Last edited:

munday

Member +
http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/catelog/Turbochargers/GT25/GT2554R_471171_3.htm

Thats the one i was looking at, is that a normal roller bering t25? i dont know how to read compressor maps thoough?

The R at the end donotes the bearing cartridge ie its roller bearing.

There is a good guide on compressor maps on that site, and if you google for them, you can input data about the bhp you want to run, size of engine, rev limit etc and they calculate the amount of flow you need and overlay them over a compressor map for you to see if its in the efficiency range.

:)

starlet666

Member +
t25 is plain roller bearing
gt25 is ball bearing

gt series are the better turbo (ie: newer and more development)

i ran a t25 off a silvia when i first got my car but now im on a gt2860rs too big for a daily driven car imo BUT has the possability to make 300hp atw

i almost went for the gt2554 but i wanted more than it was able to give

mate ur best bet is to find someone who can read a compressor map and tell them the specs of ur motor as it has to do with rev limit and the cfm of the turbo and stuff

but if u want fast street/all around car for everyday use i would go for the gt2554 or the silvia turbo mate, if u get a silvia turbo though get it rebuilt and balanced b4 u put it on just so u know its a fresh turbo and it doesnt implode on ya :)

hope this helps
cheers tim

GaryGT

Member +
the one i put the link up to? how much would be the max boost to run through it?

i dont understand compressor maps, Repped Gary

EDIT - what about this one, as the other if its only good for 250 seems like a really expensive hybrid?

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/catelog/Turbochargers/GT25/GT2560R_466541_1.htm

the GT2554R will run 1.5 - 1.8 max boost id say 1.5 bar would be ideal for this Turbo and u wud have a nice driveable very responsive ride ;)
if u go bigger Trim on the Compressor u going into a bit more Laggy country and it will take away from the Drive!!
trust me 250bhp low down Pull is savage ;)

im will be running a GT2860RS Top mounted V-band Turbo but its on a 5E ;)
savage Turbos

J25GTi

Lifer
Thanks for the input guys,

Repped everyone who has helped me :)

So, are these only availablle from garrett, or is there a car that came fitted with one?

So where would be the best place to get a GT2554 from?

DrWonderEyes

Fresh Recruit
i have a T25 on my 4E-FTE swap in a Paseo. its quite the good match if u ask me. i got a manifold from EBay with a T3 flange. the rest was just piecing it together.

photo.php