Boost problem ?

blitz_230

Banned
Hi i have a few problems with my car, The engine blew so we fitted a new engine in on sunday, The engine works fine just a problem with the boost every time i go over 30mph and the boost kicks it, It keeps hitting fuel cut,

I have a list off my mods,

Air filter kit off the turbo.
stock engine with a ct9 -stock decat
fcd
ported waste gate.
full exhaust system.

Im useing a stock Actuator with the hi-lo button
but it keeps hitting fuel cut, what was could i solve this or have i done somethink rong ?

Help would be great
Thanks

blitz_230

Banned
The car is hitting 0.8 bar and then the orange light comes on the dash and it jerks, but i want to run stock boost.

I dont have a ebc
I have the stock hi and low button witch i use... but when i press low it still stays at the same boost and hits fuel cut ? maybe the pipes are not the right way round beucase i did fit a new engine in.

if anyone could help im realy confused and the car keeps hitting fuel cut i think ?

Thanks

Last edited:

churcherj

Member +
i would say you are definately hitting fuel cut, are you sure your fcd is wired up correctly? from what youve said it seems pretty much certain its fuel cut, the light would come on to warn you then it jerks as a defense mechanism to protect your car...do you have a fuel pressure regulator? i wouldnt run a fcd without one, your engine will go pop

blitz_230

Banned
The red and black head are not wired up comein off the hks fcd, I have just wired it up and its still hitting fuel cut, i dont want it to hit fuel cut i just want it to drive and boost to 0.6 bar

The car is stock there is not aftermark fuel reg i have posted the mod on the top off the page,

shall i take the fcd off ? but still its going to be hitting fuel cut, Why is the stock boost system still going over 0.6 on hight witch i cant understand ? and when i press the low button it still does not got to 0.4 bar, it goes stright upto 0.8bar, can someone tell me what is going rong beucase i dont have a clue,

help would be great

Rep added thanks

TO82

Member +
Your turbo is boost creeping, due to you fitting a free flowing intake and exhaust, as you've ported the wastegate alredy theres not alot you can do if its still hitting Fuel cut in Low boost apart from restrict the intake.

Make sure your boost solenoid is plumed in correctly, then see if it still hits fuel cut in low boost.

blitz_230

Banned
Thanks for the info mate !, Whats the best thing to use to restrict the intake ?,
And can someone post up a picture off the stock boost solenoid with the 2 wires plumed in so i can see if i have done this correctly the right way, I would be great full

Thanks !

Your turbo is boost creeping, due to you fitting a free flowing intake and exhaust, as you've ported the wastegate alredy theres not alot you can do if its still hitting Fuel cut in Low boost apart from restrict the intake.

Make sure your boost solenoid is plumed in correctly, then see if it still hits fuel cut in low boost.

TO82

Member +
No worries, as your hitting fuel cut at 0.8 id guess the FCD is probly turned off, just check what setting its on, also just to check if low boost works if you block the port on the back of the actuator facing the engine this should put the car into low boost constantly will let you check if the boost solenoid is working, what i did when i had the same problem on my first GT, i ran the car in low boost with and Manual boost controler to up the boost to 0.8.

blitz_230

Banned
The fcd is must be turned off, the sticker has not been removed where it has the number so what shall i do ?. Ok so ill block the port on the back facein the engine what shall i do take it for a drive see whats it reading ? and see if the low button is working ?. sorry im new to this.

thanks

No worries, as your hitting fuel cut at 0.8 id guess the FCD is probly turned off, just check what setting its on, also just to check if low boost works if you block the port on the back of the actuator facing the engine this should put the car into low boost constantly will let you check if the boost solenoid is working, what i did when i had the same problem on my first GT, i ran the car in low boost with and Manual boost controler to up the boost to 0.8.

TO82

Member +
Im not surewhat setting is off on the HKS FCD as ive never used one before, maybe 0 im not sure hopefully someone can confirm. If you think its turned off just leave it wired in a turned off should be fine.

Also just take it out for a drive and see what peak boost its running

Last edited:

blitz_230

Banned
Thanks for the help ! I shall do that now and report back, just want it to 0.6 bar so it driveable. and ill remove the sticker to see what setting its on aswell,