Weird Noise When Turning Right

Djaniero

Member +
Morning guys,

I took my GT out for a blast yesterday and noticed it was making a strange flute like noise whenever I turned right.
Car still drives fine etc, but I'm going to jack her up and have a look shortly.
Any ideas? I've had cv joints go in the past, so know what they sound like etc and it definitely doesn't sound like a cv clunk. However I'm thinking could it be power steering related?

Thanks for any input. I know its usually quite difficult to diagnose issues like this over forums.

Jay

Admin
Last time I had something like that it was the dustcover on one of the brake discs catching slightly. Quick push back with a screwdriver sorted it.

Hope it's something as simple :)

Djaniero

Member +
Thanks lads. All sorted.
The brake line mounting bracking on my coilover was catching on the actual brake line on full lock.

I managed to bend the bracket to make sure its all clear now.
Lucky really as I was on a road trip yesterday, a good treck away from home.
Would have been killer waiting in that heat for the AA lol.

Djaniero

Member +
Spoke to soon lads.
The noise is back again!

I had the car jacked up today and made sure the brake lines were clear on both sides on the mounting brakets when at full lock on either side.

The only other thing I thought was, the brake lines obvioulys clear the mounting brakets when the car is up in the air (both front wheels are off the floor) , but once its back down on the floor could I have clearance issues again?

Failing that front wheel bearing maybe? Although I have no play at all in either front wheel.

Djaniero

Member +
Here are some vids of the weird sounds. Not the best but you can here it, which is the main thing.

Reactions: Jay

Jay

Admin
I have heard that noise before but I am struggling to place where and what it was..

Isn't old age fun?

Will have a think but god only knows.

Djaniero

Member +
I was thinking it was the wheel bearing, but was surprised to find tjat there wasn't any play in the wheel at all.
Failing that, could the wheel be rubbing against something. But the car isnt that low and had a full geo setup on coilovers previously. I may jus take it back to the geo guys to put on the ramp to have a closer look.