E10 Corolla 4efte conversion

Padraic95

Fresh Recruit
Hi

I'm doing a turbo conversion on my e10 corolla with an ep91 glanza v engine and I'm just wondering will an automatic dash loom work with manual ecu and match up with clocks

Jay

Admin
That's a tough one to answer..

Will give it a go though!

If we look at a manual conversion on an auto Glanza the clocks will work and either ECU (both auto and manual) will run the engine.

auto 2 manual | Toyota GT Turbo

Glanza looms have an awful knack of being awkward with the whole plug and play approach, what approach are you taking with the swap?

Padraic95

Fresh Recruit
Thanks for the reply. I have a 4efte out of an ep91 and a manual ecu out of the same but I was finding it very tough to find a dash loom and that's the only one that popped up.
What would you recommend?

Jay

Admin
Gotcha, given that even 1996 and 1998 manual looms aren't straight fit together I'd take your current 4efte loom and try before you buy if possible. It's a bit awkward when both looms aren't from the same vehicle unfortunately.

As Skiny says you could retain the current E10 looms and use aftermarket management to control what happens on boost however it starts to get expensive once you get mappers involved.

Last edited:

Padraic95

Fresh Recruit
Would there be a lot required to use the e10 loom? I wouldnt know much about the wiring side of things thats why I was hoping to go with a 4efte loom.
Also what would be the best route to go down with piggyback?