Boost Controller Questions

adamvEP82

Member +
Hi everyone! I'm thinking of getting a blitz boost controller for my girlfriends glanza but I'm wondering how hard they are to fit. Her glanza is completely standard, I've attached photos of the boost controller too.

Cheers!received_1231387064012580.jpeg

Attachments

• received_1059860098105511.jpeg
    received_1059860098105511.jpeg
    59.4 KB · Views: 1

SKINY

Lifer
The hardest part about fitting that will be feeding the hoses through to the interior. Simple enough to plumb in.
That Boy has some tasty stuff for sale :)

adamvEP82

Member +
The hardest part about fitting that will be feeding the hoses through to the interior. Simple enough to plumb in.
That Boy has some tasty stuff for sale :)
Sounds good! So its just a case of plumbing it all in and that's about it? I know if I go too high fuel cut above 0.8 bar? (Correct me if I'm wrong). I'll install a boost gauge aswell

SKINY

Lifer
Yea fuel cut is .85 so aim for .8 or just below. They go rather well at that.
You will have to disconnect the pipes from the hi/lo solenoid and then install the controller between the actuator nipple and the compressor house nipple.
Use good quality vacuum hose to avoid any drops in pressure over such a distance compared to coming off a mac valve normally located nearer the turbo.
My Profec solenoid is right behind the grill as close as I can get it, the Caldina solenoid is in the same kinda area :)

adamvEP82

Member +
Yea fuel cut is .85 so aim for .8 or just below. They go rather well at that.
You will have to disconnect the pipes from the hi/lo solenoid and then install the controller between the actuator nipple and the compressor house nipple.
Use good quality vacuum hose to avoid any drops in pressure over such a distance compared to coming off a mac valve normally located nearer the turbo.
My Profec solenoid is right behind the grill as close as I can get it, the Caldina solenoid is in the same kinda area :)
Cheers for the advice! I'll let you know how it goes when I get round to doing it. I'll try and take a few photos and do a write up on how it's done too. I know alot of people tend to go for fancy electronic ones now, but it's the same principle and it'll probably be useful to someone else someday