What gaskets to buy when doing valve adjustment

if you are removing the head from the engine to adjust valves OR clean them as well, i would suggest a headgasket, strongest one you can get.
spark plug seals, rocker seals as well. there really is not much in the way of complexity in there, seal wise anyway.

bender

Member +
if you are removing the head from the engine to adjust valves OR clean them as well, i would suggest a headgasket, strongest one you can get.
spark plug seals, rocker seals as well. there really is not much in the way of complexity in there, seal wise anyway.
I am providing the gaskets for a friend when he helps adjust my valves, I'm just wondering if I will need other gaskets other then valve cover gasket I will need to replace when removing valve cover, and if I need to buy sealant aswell or is the gasket is good enough ? Thanks

I am providing the gaskets for a friend when he helps adjust my valves, I'm just wondering if I will need other gaskets other then valve cover gasket I will need to replace when removing valve cover, and if I need to buy sealant aswell or is the gasket is good enough ? Thanks
yes you will need sealant, Starlet engine's love to leak around the rocker cover Gear Lobe sections on the corner.

SKINY

Lifer
Yea black high temperature sealant is the job, as mentioned you just need a wee blob in the corners where it comes down of the cam. Don't forget to let it set aswell

dac69er

Super Moderator
If you havent removed the cover for a while, or ever, then i would recommend getting the sparkplug tunnel seals and the sealing washers for the cam cover nuts.

These go hard over time and will not seals again once disturbed.

The victor reinz set is decent enough and pretty cheap off eBay.