bender

Member +
Hi all, I am in need of a radiator for the glanza V as mine has cracked right where the top hose enters the rad.

After researching I see many people are opting for an aftermarket civic radiator (besides save room) and am just curious why people dont just put another starlet radiator in like the ZEP racing one. My car is completely stock and is being daily driven in a warm climate

I am weighing between these 3 radiators

TD: https://www.tuningdevelopments.uk/product_info.php?products_id=289

ZEP Racing: https://www.rhdjapan.com/zep-racing-2-row-radiator-aluminum-ep82-ep91.html

Koyo Civic rad: https://www.amazon.ca/Koyo-HH080292-Racing-Radiator-1992-00/dp/B0115NY1S2

has anyone used a TD aluminum radiator or the ZEP racing one?

what kind of civic radiator am i looking for? (48mm, or 52mm)

thanks guys

aftermarket wise, i can only speak of the aluminum honda 3 row (triple core) radiator (52mm thick core)
i live in a hot climate...lets say an average day is 30C...and this radiator works great,,,significantly better than the stock ep91 two core automatic radiator...i noticed this when testing/tuning and monitoring temps

i took it to the machine shop and had the bottom pipe moved to the "stock" location ....however, i know people who simply pull the bottom radiator hose around and fit, no issues...some even run a small joiner pipe/hose.....depends what you want to do

yes, the 1.25" hard pipes are slightly bigger, but nothing a bit of grease and force can't solve to get the hoses over...however, i do think there is a model with smaller 28mm hard pipes but i'm not sure, you'd have to do some research

it was easy to get some ebay in the USA, cheap, easy to fit and works great

bender

Member +
aftermarket wise, i can only speak of the aluminum honda 3 row (triple core) radiator (52mm thick core)
i live in a hot climate...lets say an average day is 30C...and this radiator works great,,,significantly better than the stock ep91 two core automatic radiator...i noticed this when testing/tuning and monitoring temps

i took it to the machine shop and had the bottom pipe moved to the "stock" location ....however, i know people who simply pull the bottom radiator hose around and fit, no issues...some even run a small joiner pipe/hose.....depends what you want to do

yes, the 1.25" hard pipes are slightly bigger, but nothing a bit of grease and force can't solve to get the hoses over...however, i do think there is a model with smaller 28mm hard pipes but i'm not sure, you'd have to do some research

I was wondering about the bottom hose aswell, I guess I was looking at the smaller sized civic radiators so I will try to find a triple core.

Did you use a civic radiator from an EG or EK, or either or will work?

Thanks

bender

Member +

And I guess you can get civic radiators for a d series or b series, is there a preference or will any civic radiator work. Thanks

starletsy

Member +
Another option is the Japspeed radiator I have one if these in mine and it works very well but not sure if they still sell them.
Most people opted for the civic style radiators to accommodate lager turbos.

SKINY

Lifer
Another option is the Japspeed radiator I have one if these in mine and it works very well but not sure if they still sell them.
Most people opted for the civic style radiators to accommodate lager turbos.
More room = More HP = More :)

Hi all, I am in need of a radiator for the glanza V as mine has cracked right where the top hose enters the rad.

After researching I see many people are opting for an aftermarket civic radiator (besides save room) and am just curious why people dont just put another starlet radiator in like the ZEP racing one. My car is completely stock and is being daily driven in a warm climate

I am weighing between these 3 radiators

TD: https://www.tuningdevelopments.uk/product_info.php?products_id=289

ZEP Racing: https://www.rhdjapan.com/zep-racing-2-row-radiator-aluminum-ep82-ep91.html

Koyo Civic rad: https://www.amazon.ca/Koyo-HH080292-Racing-Radiator-1992-00/dp/B0115NY1S2

has anyone used a TD aluminum radiator or the ZEP racing one?

what kind of civic radiator am i looking for? (48mm, or 52mm)

thanks guys
Don't want to get into a slagging match, but from personal experience I definitely wouldn't use TD. You'll never get hold of them to order it and even if you did, I doubt you'd see it. Steer clear, as I'm sure others will agree ...

SKINY

Lifer
Don't want to get into a slagging match, but from personal experience I definitely wouldn't use TD. You'll never get hold of them to order it and even if you did, I doubt you'd see it. Steer clear, as I'm sure others will agree ...
I had to chase him up on behalf of 1 of our foreign members last year for an order

I had to chase him up on behalf of 1 of our foreign members last year for an order
Not good is it. One of the admin on UKSO had a chat with him, sent me his personal email and assured me It'd be getting sorted if I used this other email address.
In the end, he didn't even reply. It seems like every other week there's a post on Facebook about missing cars or parts. One lad said he hadn't seen his car in over 2 years.