Search results

1. Jay

4efe or 4afe box + 4efte in a Corolla E11?

That should work better.
  2. Jay

Car wont Start in the morning.

Just need to ensure the three pins are connected securely. I've had a look for a loom to confirm the three wire colours but don't have one. Hopefully someone with access to a Glanza V should be able to confirm. Even an EP91 bay should be the same. What state is your connector in? Also...
  3. Jay

Sorry, missed that reply. There's three pins on that switch, are they all connected to where they should be? The early thermostat housings had a sensor for the gauge and a sensor for the ECU, the later switches like yours incorporated it all in the one switch I think. So the gauge could be...
  4. Jay

Need Kind help to Install AC unit on Glanza 5EFTE setup

Hi Apu, The stock aircon condenser sits behind the FMIC so you will possibly find enough space to mount it clear of the cooler but it will largely depend on how far forward the turbo is from the engine. You may have clearance issues in that regard. I'm not 100% sure how much room there is for...
  5. Jay

There's always a way to make it work: - Fabricating brackets (like you have already mentioned) to get the pump to sit higher - Could get a custom set of pipes made up to suit - Use a remote electric power steering pump - Remove the power assisted steering If it were me I'd give the 4EFTE...
  6. Jay

Continuous idle issues!!!

My second GT gave me a similar low idle issue (about 15 years ago!) then started having hot starting problems shortly after. Turned out the coolant temp sensor was goosed. Might be worth swapping a good sensor in if the above doesn't yield results. Also have you checked fault codes?
  7. Jay

You can see how low your powersteering pump sits, it will foul the oil filter on the 4efte. You might be able to use the 4efte pump if the two 4efte versions of these pipes are swappable too.
  8. Jay

Power Assisted Steering. The pump is driven by a belt from the engine and generates pressure in the steering rack making it much easier to turn the steering wheel. The 4EFE pump sits very low. You may find it will get in the way of the turbo manifold. In fact the oil filter itself will need...
  9. Jay

That's what I mean, no need to swap the bell housing. You should be able to retain the 4EFE box. If you needed to upgrade to the 4EFTE box in future you could just swap across the bits I mention.
  10. Jay

Oh - random third choice - delete the PAS. Fourth choice for bonus points - Mount a remote electric PAS pump somewhere else :D
  11. Jay

Sounds like a lot of messing around.. I don't remember having any trouble when installing the 4EFE in place of the 4EFTE but that's because the pipes were already in place. Two choices, either get the 4EFE PAS pump out of the way of the turbo stuff by using custom brackets or use a 4EFTE PAS...
  12. Jay

Workshop manual 4efte /5efhe

If you fire me an email - jaysgarage@hotmail.co.uk I'll see what I can send across, think the 4efte scan I have is too big to attach so include your whatsapp number too. Cheers, Jay
  13. Jay

Morning bud, That coolant temp sensor could be your problem - the vehicle needs a correct reading from it to know how much fuel to add to the mix. Get that connected and reassess :)
  14. Jay

Should do - I fitted a 4EFTE gearbox to a E11 Corolla 4EFE with no real hassle. I had a look at an E11 Corolla box I have spare (forgive the state of it): The bell housings (the large bell shaped part that bolts to the block) look to be the same. Two things of note.. The speedo gets it's...
  15. Jay

Wiper Arms

Those bits (and new screws) come with the genuine Toyota blades. Passenger side part number is 85222-10180 Drivers side part number is 85212-12290 You should get both for around a tenner at Toyota. Wire brush, prime and matt black the arms to tidy them up if needbe.
  16. Jay

Wiper Arms

Toyota would be your first stop, I bought a set for my mk1 years back and they were around £20 each. Inflation has probably taken it's toll though!
  17. Jay

Wanted: A few ep82 interior bit's.

Found one. Seems in very good condition however there is a little wear on the edge. Guess that's to be expected at this point unfortunately. Have taken a few pics, hope they show everything. Otherwise it opens and shuts fine, catch works 100%, coinholder is undamaged, no obvious cracks...
  18. Jay

Can I put standard 1.3 block into my glanza v

Will start with an easy bit - sumps. The oil that is fed to the turbo needs returned to the sump so the 4EFTE sump has a port on the front to use as an oil return. You could save a few quid by getting a spare 4EFE sump and getting a fabricator to drill a hole and add the necessary port...
  19. Jay

Could you take a few pics of the gearbox you have in your vehicle Frankie? Just want to make sure it's the same box as I have here.
  20. Jay

Power Steering Pump Bracket Help

Was able to grab a few pics to explain things better, PAS was amongst them. There's two brackets that hold the PAS pump on, main mount at the top is a C-shaped bracket which is the same for turbo and non-turbo engines. You can see the three bolt holes here: The bottom bracket differs...