Search results

1. dac69er

Air in coolant problem!?!?

I always smear a bit of engine oil on the seal. Never failed me before. I just think it was a cheap seal that was the problem! My rx8 still has air in the coolant after a trackday, so that doesn't work on all cars ;) The starlet is ok now anyway :)
  2. dac69er

Gearbox synchros?

I've always found the comma stuff good. I quite like tripleqx stuff from ecp too. As I had spent so much on the box I wanted to put the best stuff in it ;)
  3. dac69er

Gearbox synchros?

I used that comma oil as my "flushing" oil when I first fitted the box. I ran it for a few 100 miles then drained it out and put the redline stuff in. Another couple of 100 miles later my rear main was leaking so ended up draining the redline stuff out again and put yet more fresh redline in...
  4. dac69er

Gearbox synchros?

Selectors and bushes are perfect and well lubricated. When warmed up it is perfect and it's fine 90% of the time when cold. Tbh, I feel it would be better with a short shifter as it improved my other starlets gearchange feel. Not those bullshit hypersport things though! I'm also using redline...
  5. dac69er

It was a non genuine seal. I have now fitted a genuine seal and it's all back together. Time will tell whether it is fixed
  6. dac69er

Gearbox synchros?

Every now and again when cold you will get the odd baulky gearchange. It doesn't crunch. Perhaps it's just how these boxes are as they are 30+ year old technology now. I am pretty picky though, so could just be me expecting perfection ;)
  7. dac69er

Well over time it has sorted itself. I don't get the issue anymore anyway. Odd i have never had an issue before. Have a leak from the rear main now. It was a brand new seal a few 100 miles ago and now it's pissing out :(
  8. dac69er

Gearbox synchros?

It was an ep82 c52 box. I'm not 100% convinced it's perfect, but it seems a lot better than it was.
  9. dac69er

This particular gt is all fairly stock and as I said, never had any issues before! Idle is fine so seems like there is no air in that area. After work today I took the cap off and started the car up to let it run open from cold. Didn't really get any air out that I could tell but once I got...
  10. dac69er

Small possibility I guess, but as the expansion bottle is raising and dropping as it should with no boiling over issue etc, I would say it is ok. Its a brand new toyota one aboit 7 years ago and thr car doesnt do many.miles. i could always try a spare one though, just to be sure.
  11. dac69er

Sending some back to the bottle?????? The bottle is only for expansion of the coolant in the system. It gets hot and it gets cold depending on the knob position.
  12. dac69er

I havnt really done a huge amount of mileage since replacing the waterpump, but level seems to stay the same once cooled. As mentioned, no leaks that I can find either. It's not doing it badly. If I drove normally, I probably wouldn't really notice it. It's only as I initially bring the revs...
  13. dac69er

Too much left lock and oil leak

The steering rack issue sounds like someone has fitted the rack without making any effort to centralize it. Should be a reasonably quick fix, but you would most likely need alignment afterwards as it will throw everything off
  14. dac69er

I'm with you jay, never had an issue in 15 years of owning starlets. It's just this occasion that is odd. I did a 100mile trip today and it still did it after that. I have tried raising the front and no luck, no extra bubbles come out. I may need to do it when stone cold though as the level...
  15. dac69er

4efte standard timing

As it's off a power fc, I would imagine it is lightly "tuned" from stock, but it's as close as we are going to get unless someone logs the stock timing.
  16. dac69er

4efte standard timing

sorry for the delay. here you go. this is the stock map off the 4efte power fc.
  17. dac69er

toy tuning liquidation

my mate has always said i should watch monky london. seems like a bellend to me. i wont be watching any more of that!
  18. dac69er

Cluster gt swap problems

Does the gauge work properly when the engine is running or have you not got that far yet?
  19. dac69er

Greystar

I've just sat the car on ramps and I can simply lower the engine and box into a skid and slide it out under the front of the car. No messing about trying to angle anything. You don't have to take the bonnet off either. Done it on every car I have dropped the engine out of. It just makes so much...
  20. dac69er

Greystar

Can't believe you didn't put the engine and box in from the bottom. It's sooooooo much easier.