Search results

1. Jay

air maf sensor

Sounds like you are on the right track? You may have to extend some of the wiring to make the loom sit correctly in the Corolla. Last thing you want are any wires under tension or rubbing against other components. From this diagram the wiring is direct:
  2. Jay

air maf sensor

You may have caught it early enough then. Still worth sorting the weeping seal though. Part number for the O-ring is 90099-14088 and it shouldn't cost too much.
  3. Jay

air maf sensor

4. Jay

air maf sensor

Common to see on older 4EFTE tbh. Ideally remove the distributor and renew the seal with a genuine Toyota seal (generic O-rings don't always seal great but would do in a pinch). I blasted my last messed up connector with electrical cleaner spray but it didn't help at all. Ended up replacing...
  5. Jay

air maf sensor

It's pretty easy to spot a leaking injector, all that excessive fuel will wash the piston clean and you will get a strong smell of fuel from the oil. Remove the sparkplugs and inspect with a borescope (less than a tenner on ebay). Regards the blue smoke - blue means oil is being burnt. The...
  6. Jay

air maf sensor

I had a quick look and I can't find it online. Maybe try a Corolla owners club? (I genuinely haven't a clue where I got this Glanza comparison from - just found it on this computers hard-drive). Now we're getting somewhere, so if the ECU is seeing the signal from the sensor perhaps the sensor...
  7. Jay

TPS sensor issue

Hmmm That sounds like there's quite a lot going on there. Raises all sorts of questions as the 4EFTE ECU is pinned differently to the 4EFE loom. As a result it won't be seeing all the sensors it uses to operate properly. Calibrating the TPS shouldn't do any harm but it's difficult to know...
  8. Jay

air maf sensor

I'd agree, you need to make sure the ECU is seeing the correct vehicle speed signal from the cluster otherwise it'll throw a 42 fault code. Even swapping from UK-spec EP91 to Glanza clocks will cause issues (see attachment).
  9. Jay

air maf sensor

I honestly didn't realise until now that the EP91 used the earlier sensor setup. Thought they were all triangles. It's good to know every day is a school day!
  10. Jay

air maf sensor

Early version (like yours) Later version (fancy three pin triangle)
  11. Jay

TPS sensor issue

Sounds like it could be the issue. You will need feeler gauges and a multimeter to calibrate it. Theres a thread in the awesome section by wee John that covers it.
  12. Jay

Car wont Start in the morning.

Fuel pump doesn't prime until you crank so thats normal.
  13. Jay

air maf sensor

More pages to confuse matters further.. Could only find this in English in the 5e manual :
  14. Jay

air maf sensor

Right in that case you just need to make sure the ECU is seeing the signal from the main sensor. Its that which triggers the 22 code and causes starting issues.
  15. Jay

air maf sensor

Apologies, I've clearly misread it... Your old 4efe sensor was the triangle type and the 4efte is using the two separate sensors then?
  16. Jay

air maf sensor

Its E4 in those pages. You can see the new type sensor carried both the gauge signal and the top signal for the EFI system
  17. Jay

air maf sensor

Hopefully this shows the path to the ECU for that connector. If he uses this he can make that newer type glanza sensor work. (Fingers crossed)
  18. Jay

air maf sensor

The glanza sensor won't fit the corolla loom so he may have used the corolla sensor thinking it would give the same function. He could have to use that triangular one and just run the wires to the ECU directly. I can't say for certain what he has or hasn't done, I can only go on whats in the...
  19. Jay

Power fc cold start idle?

I have zero experience with power FC but is your waxstat okay on those cars? Have had more than one go faulty causing 2k+ rpm at cold start.
  20. Jay

air maf sensor

Right so both of those sensors were incorporated into the one sensor (the triangle one that was on the 4efte originally). The 4efte ECU will be looking for that sensor but it isn't seeing it hence the code 22. I can't tell from the pictures how your electrician has connected the 4efe and 4efte...