Search results

1. Frankieflowers

air maf sensor

I ended up cutting the wires that were basically cracked and welded it in the same connector until I will find another new connector to replace it with. My brother figured out that the circuit impedance is very high on the ECU pin 4 connector so he checked the ECU but didn’t find malfunctions...
  2. Frankieflowers

air maf sensor

I love this one! Definitely my old engine had leaks everywhere but it never missed a crank! Got to solve this problem because I start to get tired of having the internals apart. I need to find a distributor gasket in Europe because from Japan takes a few weeks. The weird thing is the connector...
  3. Frankieflowers

air maf sensor

I appreciate your help. I will test again the connector tonight and we will look for the distributor seal. The thing is that if the connector isn’t compromised then how come I get the 22 error? Before trying fuel rail pressure I briged the fuel tank pump to activate it at first in key pre...
  4. Frankieflowers

air maf sensor

The weird thing is that the connector doesn’t seem to be ruined. We tried with the tester and the signal is nominal. I will try to Bridget with an extension straight to the sensor to see if it works before cutting the connector. Can you send me the distributor OEM? I can order only from Japan...
  5. Frankieflowers

air maf sensor

You know what? I actually noticed oil when I was managing the connector to change it with the new one. I found out that there was oil and I thought it was leaking from the head gasket. In fact it might be what you just said that the oil comes out from the distributor. I cleaned up the connector...
  6. Frankieflowers

air maf sensor

How can I compare it with the Corolla dash pinout?
  7. Frankieflowers

air maf sensor

What about the 22 error code? Apparently the sensor is connected directly to the ECU but it gives the error.
  8. Frankieflowers

air maf sensor

Where can I find the aclrolla daahboard pinout to compare it with the ep91?
  9. Frankieflowers

air maf sensor

Thank you very much. So this is probably the reason why the guy who swapped automatic with manual transmission didn’t have any check engine light errors. Because it was between two starlet cars. In my case we are talking about two generations that passed each other at least seven years. I really...
  10. Frankieflowers

air maf sensor

I did the same. The only problem is that I have error 42 and I don’t know how to solve it. I did the bridge on the Big connector for the automatic gearbox. What do you suggest?
  11. Frankieflowers

air maf sensor

So I double checked to see what type of engine I am really keeping under the bonnet. It’s a EP 91.
  12. Frankieflowers

air maf sensor

If I am correct, THW on pin 4 of the second ECU connector on the ep91 automatic tranny should be receiving fron the water temp signal. But if you look at the color (might have lost color through the years) is brighter green and looks more like the air intake sensor wire. I double checked and...
  13. Frankieflowers

Exact fuel pressure for stock 4EFTE engine?

Interesting because I was told from the British guy who sold me the engine that it came from a glands V automatic transmission EP 91 with 88000 Km. I actually am facing another problem. When the engine runs 800 RPM it starts to smoke a little bit. After I give it some gas and run the engine...
  14. Frankieflowers

air maf sensor

I think I ordered the right one. I will receive it on Monday finally try the sensor. I will try if the wiring is working well tomorrow. Thqnks
  15. Frankieflowers

Car wont Start in the morning.

Great idea. Tomorrow I will test the sensor and Benchley use a resistor to see if the system works. I also have to try to pop off the pipes from the how to put fuel rail and from the four injectors. I will do it after the car has been parked for at least six hours. I am waiting for my mechanic...
  16. Frankieflowers

Good news. Thanks
  17. Frankieflowers

air maf sensor

Can someone give me the Genuine OEM for this water temp sensor for the Glanza V 4efte ep91?
  18. Frankieflowers

air maf sensor

Hi. All I know is that I received the full EP 91 for EFTE engine in a box with his native ECU loom and engine bay loom. It came from a half cut so nobody changed anything. Probably the version I have without automatic transmission has the two pin water temp sensor. The engine I took out which is...
  19. Frankieflowers

Yes Asseri. That was also confirmed by a mechanic friend of mine I want to see yesterday. My question is when I turn the key I don’t hear the fuel pump but right after I crank and the engine doesn’t start I hear the fuel pump running for a couple of seconds. Is this the normal behavior it should...
  20. Frankieflowers

Exact fuel pressure for stock 4EFTE engine?

Thank you for answering. The guy who is working on the electric swap had to modify the parts that go from the engine loom to the car loom. In this case the water temp sensor should go with his two wires directly to the ECU. Sometimes they go through splitters and the connectors and wires have to...