Search results

1. Jay

Youtube Engine Builder - UK

He isn't UK but this guy sprung to mind: https://www.toyotagtturbo.com/community/index.php?threads/video-guide-4e-fte-engine-assembly.53668/ Good content, miss vids like these!
  2. Jay

4EFE vs 4EFTE engine block differences for forged engine build.

Yeah, caps should match the block otherwise it requires machine work. Or at least thats how I've always understood it.
  3. Jay

Quadlight Amber Indicator - Passenger Side

Just checked, have a mk3 passenger indicator with either black or silver available.
  4. Jay

Quadlight Amber Indicator - Passenger Side

Might have a PS quadlamp indicator in black. Will check and let you know.
  5. Jay

ZZW30 Handling bits

Just clearing a few bits from the MR2 track project. Cusco front lower brace : £120 Cusco front antiroll bar and bushes : £130 Cusco rear lower arms : £100 Stock front antiroll bar: £25 Stock rear antiroll bar : £25 Stock rear brace: £25 Postage at buyers expense, local pickup available...
  6. Jay

15" Yokohama steel rims

Brought these in a few years ago from Japan and still haven't found anything to fit them to. Have decided to move them on if possible. Look like a decent set of JDM wheels for someone. Yokohama is painted on the barrels, 15" and 6x139 fitment so only off roaders need apply, all rims are in...
  7. Jay

Common Symptoms that Indicate the Need for Car Air Conditioning Regas

Have edited out the advertising (see if you can spot where) but it's colourful so I'll leave the post up :p
  8. Jay

Power Steering

You can check the part numbers here and cross reference them against any potential equivalents. http://www.japan-parts.eu/toyota/jp/1994/starlet/ep82-agmqy/5_121140_013_/powertrain-chassis/4503_power-steering-tube#44410 The pipework is tricky to see and there's a few variations depending on...
  9. Jay

Can anyone ID these pistons ?

Possibly Wiseco but it's been a while since I've seen any firsthand.
  10. Jay

Glanza won't start/ignite

Sorry to jump in but the injectors are powered in pairs so you could have a wiring issue. Think it's 1 & 3 and 2 & 4 from memory so that might tell you if it's a possibility in you case. It's rare to see injectors fail on the 4E and even rarer for two to fail together.
  11. Jay

Common Problems with Toyota Vehicles: A Comprehensive Guide

Advertising link removed but left the rest as it's quite colourful :)
  12. Jay

Toolbox corner

Toyed about with plastic and metal muck for years. Mounted a few big OSB boards instead and haven't looked back.
  13. Jay

4E vs 5E

1.8 bar on a k26, so whatever that is. Hasn't seen a dyno for a decade lol. K26 has a steadier, progressive power band than the td04's and 05's I've experienced. Not as dramatic, which a lot of people dislike, but I've always thought it easier on the gearbox.
  14. Jay

Cool auction finds

Track prepped Glanza on the auctions: ■TOYOTA STARLET EP82 TURBO CIRCUIT SPL■No documents ■Circuit driving event special. ■Engine 5E IN EX 272 equivalent camshaft ■Inner shim Combustion chamber squish processing ■Piston Forged 7.5mm side molybdenum shot ■H section connecting rod...
  15. Jay

4E vs 5E

Haven't experienced any issues myself (yet) but mine isn't a mad power delivery boot to the box thanks to the turbo.
  16. Jay

Drain fuel

This write up should give you an idea: https://www.toyotagtturbo.com/community/index.php?threads/walbro-fuel-pump-fitting-guide.4339/ The high pressure fitting on the GT is different to his pump and easy to round so be prepared. Naturally take precautions around the fuel vapour in the tank -...
  17. Jay

how to set idle??

That's it there, looks like the images are broken though. Hopefully you can follow it.
  18. Jay

Brakes and Rotors

Hi mate, For rotor size the fronts are 254mm diameter and the rears should be 240mm. You can find the Toyota part numbers using this link HERE then cross reference them with the aftermarket stuff that's out there. Some bits are shared with Paseo/Tercel so hopefully you have a bit of luck. If...
  19. Jay

Wanted - GT light / wiper stalk

Apologies, totally forgot about this one Daniel. I can find only the one mk3 unit in decent condition. You'd need to swap your slipring pin across from the current unit as this one must have fallen out in storage.
  20. Jay

What is the size of front/rear brake pads & rotors EP91

Hi mate, For rotor size the fronts are 254mm diameter and the rears should be 240mm. You can find the Toyota part numbers using this link HERE then cross reference them with the aftermarket stuff that's out there. Some bits are shared with Paseo/Tercel so hopefully you have a bit of luck.