alternator

1. Frankieflowers

4efte SWAP in Corolla E11 4efe

Hi guys. i swapped the engine and there are issues to fix. Communication between dasboard and ECU/sensors like RPS signal, alternator doesn’charge, engine check light on. The car doesn’t start at first ignition. It need several cycles before it starts running. The problem happens only when you...
  2. dark_knight

easiest way of adjusting tension on the alternator belt?

as above, what's the easiest method..? of course it has to be from underneath the car given how cramped the rear side of the engine is.. but if you are alone and have no help, how do you go about it..? unlike the power steering pump which has some sort of hole in which i usually insert a bar to...
  3. dark_knight

absolute minimum voltage

i spent the better part if not ALL of yesterday wiring in some electronics. the radio was playing the entire time since morning and so at about 15h00, my stereo went off and my a'pexi t/timer was flashing digits like it was going into epileptic shock. i figured i must have killed my battery --...
  4. dark_knight

coolant pump: pressure control

just had an interesting thought.. i know the alternator has a voltage protection circuit/system that prevents it from churning out more than 14.4 VDC or thereabout.. and the oil pump has a pressure relief valve that prevents oil pressure building up too high when the engine revs go...
  5. dark_knight

squeaking noise from (lower / rear) engine belt-side

before you behead me on this being a repeat post, please read and see if you can aid me in brainstorming.. :p i have all new belts, cam, alternator and ps so no, they are not worn. all these belts are also properly tightened and not wet. now, the scenario is, on occasion, following a...