boost

1. P

Help!! I just bought an ep82, I have some hoses that are clogged, my ep82 has no boost

please help, my ep82 has no boost, it has a hks valve, as you can see in the video I have several hoses that clogged them, the engine feels healthy, it has power, the relief valve blows but I don't have turbo boost, it takes turbo stock. check for vacuum leaks. video link...
  2. Z

How to perform a boost leak test on a stock 4EFTE?

Hey guys. The search option was not helpful. Looking for advice.
  3. W

Plug And Play ECU for TDO4

Is it safe to run plug and play ecus on Tdo4 Turbo with stock internals? (fuel/timing/boost/knock) no risk? is it giving more bhps same as ct9 for tdo4? any experiences
  4. wildchild

Wanted 89661- 10040 MAP Sensor

Wanted starlet turbo MAP Sensor As above im looking for a starlet GT/Glanza Map sensor. :( Looking for the MAP with the number 89661-10040 OR 89420 - 10020 Need it posted to Sri Lanka. Pls do let me know if any of you guys have. Thanks :)
  5. S

Few questions about Emanage Blue

Hi, my latest EP82 came with an Emanage Blue (and forged engine, TD04 - smoky and no boost, FMIC, FPR, exhaust, etc). First thing I did was rip off the broken TD04 and replace it with my TD05 kit at 1bar. AMAZING on boost, bit slow and some hesitation off boost. Finally got round to fitting my...
  6. D

Unusual turbo smoking!

Unusual turbo smoking! - updated info PROBLEM: My car smokes at HIGH RPM - white smoke cloud - oily smell and oil level drops. DOES NOT SMOKE at low rpm, normal drive or idling. If I press the accel hard let my foot off it smokes but if QUICKLY I press the accel again and let go - no smoke...
  7. I

Blitz dual sbc s spec and d1 spec turbo timer, rev counter, shift light ect

For sale: BLITZ DUAL SBC S SPEC Item Condition: EXCELLENT Price and price conditions: (£125)sold Extra Info: CAN FORWARD FULL BLITZ INSTRUCTION PDF 4 DIFRENT BOOST SETTING CAN BE SAVED, BOOST GAUGE, RECORDS HIGHEST BOOST READING, OVER BOOST FUNCTION TO INCREASE PRESET BOOST (%) FOR A...
  8. N

How to fit/install boost gauge ????

Hello. Need to fit a boost gauge to find out what boost my car is running at to try and solve an ongoing issue with the car before i start buying unnecesary parts and for future mods. Anyway was wondering if anyone could give me an in depth guide on how to fit a boost gauge and which would be...
  9. P

Boost Controller Help !!!

Hi there, if i use a Turbosmart Dual Stage Boost Controller on my 1992 Toyota gt starlet (EP82) will it override the stock settings and let me change the boost for both Hi/Lo settings, for example could i make Hi boost 1bar and Lo boost 0.7bar and just switch between the two stages using the...
  10. P

HELP - inexperienced car enthusiast

Hi there, I am new to all of this, and this is my first thread i have ever posted. I have owned a 1992 Toyota GT Starlet (EP82) for 5-6 months and i would like to increase the boost on my stock CT9 turbo, now ive heard they can only run little more than 14psi and anything over that they will...
  11. R

Boost leak at high RPM.....

Hi People. Recently I lost all my boost and the car was running at 0.5, after hours of work found it to be the HDi digi var boost, so got rid and installed a Manual Boost controller. After this the car boosted fine to about 1.0 where I want it, BUT as the revs pick up I lose boost...
  12. P

4efte with GT28R

Hi Team, am using a GT28R on my 4efte. have installed all supporting mods. a few main listed below. oil cooler Walbro 255Lph DMC 450 (Black) VAFC 2 RRFPR exedy stage 2 clutch and pressure plate HKS BOV FMIC Engine internals are all stock. Currently m running 1bar of boost with...
  13. R

Glanza V Chugging Problem! Help?

Hi all, im new to this forum and thought you guys might be able to help me out on here. I purchase a 97 starlet glanza v about 2 months ago and had some minor problems with it but fixed them and got it throught the m.o.t last week. I have had the car on the road 2 days and now this has...
  14. K

EP91 Dropping Boost

Just bought myself a 1996 EP91, first boosted car and first toyota. Had a few hondas before hand. Its basically standard performance wise bar a genuine HKS BOV, and Ive done the first and second gear limiter bypass. However it seems to be dropping boost at high revs, 4000 ish and it'l be...
  15. dark_knight

affirmation of fears

over the weekend, went on a sprint and was boosting a little harder than normal.. (given my routine driving habits) but at not more than 55 hundred revs. boost is currently set to 0.7bar. it was holding steady, no drama there. my worry came when i opened my hood today. my stock dump valve is set...
  16. dark_knight

oil catch cans & the pcv valve

now now, before you take my head off for starting ANOTHER thread on oil catch cans, hear me out first, at least :) on most (high performance) setups, i see that modders plumb both breathers off the rocker cover to a catch can. on others, i see only the main breather (one without the pcv...
  17. dark_knight

200+ bhp with <1bar boost?

possible..? this would mean more boost is not necessarily more power..?
  18. S

How to calculate ideal head gasket thickness required?

Does anybody know a way of calculating what thickness headgasket is required for a specific compression ratio? It will vary depending on how much the head & block have been skimmed by as well as the bore size. Also, does anybody know what would be a sensible compression ratio for a forged...
  19. L

Do i need a pressure regulator?

iv a glanza which im ordering a fuel pump boost controller and hks actuator for, the car currently has a frontmount intercooler,blitz decat and nur spec exhaust,a stainless ct9 manifold and relocated air filter,it has a fcd fitted so planning running it on 1 bar boost, will i need a fuel...
  20. E

is boosting up to 10psi ok?

Hey First just wanna say sorry if this thread has been done before couldnt find it so put me in the right direction if there has been another thread. I've got a starlet gt and I am wanting to boost the turbo upto 10psi. A mechanic I have spoken to reckons its fine and he can do it but...