forged

1. C

Forged Build - Setup Guide

Hi, Im building a 4efte engine that im hoping to take down to high 9s- low 10's. I really want to get a quafe straight cut dogbox that I saw online (https://www.tuningdevelopments.uk/product/quaife-6speed-sequential-gearkit-c52-toyota-starlet-glanza-turbo/) and a fuel tech ecu. Can anyone...
  2. G

Can anyone ID these pistons ?

Found a picture of when I had my head off, it’s an old engine built probably over 10 years ago, just out of interest if anything
  3. J

Wossner piston question

Hi guys. Was wondering if anyone could give me a bit of advise. Im in the process of rebuilding my engine with Forged internals and came across a very reasonably priced set of Wossner pistons on this site: http://www.futuremotorsports.com/WOSSNER-FORGED-PISTON-KIT-74.00mm.html However it...
  4. wildchild

Aftermarket Highlift cams - Help!

Hi guys. i have a GT running a fully forged 5EFHE engine. standard ignition, GT28R bb turbo on WEPR godzilla manifold. It made only 203HP at 1bar boost on octane 95. Here in SriLanka i guess that it's actually equivalent to octane 90. Thereafter i fitted the 265/265 8.7mm lift speedvision...
  5. J

Pistons + rods

Hi guys. Im in urgent need of pistons and rods (if stiil attached) for my GT. If anyone knows of any for sale please let me know. Thanks.
  6. G

Glanza V Forged VF24 - Needs Attention

Before i start - i have put this on here mainly for opinions as i am at a loss to what this car as it is is actually worth, it has problems but i feel i have priced accordingly. The last build cost me 3k alone so if i can recoup somewhere near that i would be happy if not is it worth breaking...
  7. J

Best place to get my engine forged ?

Ok so pretty soon im Gunna start putting some money away for my forged engine. Im looking for about 230 - 300bhp mark. Whats the best place and the cheapest to get this done ? Or anyone got any numbers for decent jap mechanics ? And the best turbo setup for 300bhp ? I kinda want like a big...
  8. wildchild

Wanted 5E forged rods and 4E or 5E forged pistons

Hi ppl. i need a set of 5E forged rods and pistons. pistons could be either 4E or 5E. need them shipped to Sri Lanka. please let me know. Thanks alot :) also on the lookout for a GT instrument cluster and stage 1 clutch kit. NOTE: im currently running 1.2bar on a 5e engine with 4efte pistons...
  9. S

forged engine with td04 turbo bit wont run right

ive got a forged bottom end and i put a standard head on new headgasket an all that (1.4mm) . i put the engine in put all the plugs on vacuum pipes etc and put new 550cc sard injectors in bare in mind its just on a standard ecu atm , and started her struggled as i left a earth off lol but...
  10. S

How to calculate ideal head gasket thickness required?

Does anybody know a way of calculating what thickness headgasket is required for a specific compression ratio? It will vary depending on how much the head & block have been skimmed by as well as the bore size. Also, does anybody know what would be a sensible compression ratio for a forged...
  11. B

ep82 forged rebuild ?!

howya lads just a question regarding rebuild of an engine but the problem is i cant remember the name of the crowd who i was told would do it !! i was told they are up the north and do a forged rebuild for around £1800 and they were posted up on the site a while ago but cant find the...