thermostat

1. bender

how to test radiator fan glanza V

Hi everyone greetings from Vancouver Canada, i recently bought a glanza v and am trying to fix it up.... i am trying to diagnose my radiator fan i feel like it is not kicking in when reach operating temperatures. the car is completely stock. sometimes i turn the engine on(warm) and hear the fan...
  2. wildchild

Wanted OEM 4EFTE single Piston & Rod + Thermostat housing

As above im looking for a used oem 4efte single piston and con rod as well as a thermostat housing (swirl pot) and an oil filter housing. Need it posted to 20060, Kandy, Sri Lanka. Pls let me know as im in a bit of a hurry. Thanks for your time.
  3. wildchild

4EFTE Oil Filter housing & Extra bolt wanted

Hi guys. I need a 4EFTE oil filter housing with center bolt and an extra bolt & a water swirl pot (Thermostat housing). Need them posted to Sri Lanka. Pls let me know price & postage. Thanks. Regards Shehan.
  4. dark_knight

5a-fe thermostat compatible with 4e-fte?

quick one. no time to look through for this confirmation so asking here if anyone can confirm that these two motors use a similar thermostat. i'm guessing the 5a-fe and 4e-fe can share, meaning the -fte can use it too..? someone please confirm. need some orders made and nowhere near a reliable...
  5. dark_knight

temps & pressure

just wondering, assuming an ambient air temp of about 25 deg C, what should i have as the norm readings for: - coolant temp? - oil temp? - oil pressure? all this based on non-abusive/gentle use of the car. urban/town driving off-boost. running fairly standard on a ct9b @0.7bar, tmic...
  6. dark_knight

thermostat seal

i recently purchased a new thermostat but it came without a seal. should it have a seal in the box..? i would presume so. anyone got a pic..?
  7. dark_knight

running rich due to no thermo?

anyone on here who has a problem of running rich due to the fact that they removed their thermo..?