transmission

1. dark_knight

engine hoisting out of/into the bay

for those who rebuild engines in their sleep, which is the easiest way around hoisting the engine back into the bay. is it easier/better to put in the engine solo then mate the trans later or bring it all in at once..? wondering because i would suppose squeezing it all in at once may be a tad...
  2. dark_knight

project: dark KNIGHT, engine rebuild

don't have a paid account here so pardon me if this is in the wrong section.. but i am rebuilding my motor and i thought i should share my progress. i would not mind critique and any ideas from the vast pool of knowledge here since most of mine is derived from hands-on experience and i may not...
  3. A

Good transmission upgrade for my glanza!!!! PLS HELP :)

Hi guys. First time posting here. I just wanted to ask you if you have any idea of a good upgrade for my stock tranny (Preferibly straight bolt on or slight modification from some other models). My car is heavily modified and thus I am having lots of trouble with them. This is my third one in 4...
  4. L

transmission issue

My transmission not going into 4th gear, check light comes on when reaches about 3000rpm in third. Whats the issue n does it ave anything to do with the ECU? i ave a 4efe 2nd gen. coil pack engine. Pls Help :( n oh tell me about the diff bearing in terms of the axle i hear a noise rumbling.
  5. dark_knight

cold transmission = difficult gear changes?

i have a C56 / 02A transmission running on 85w-90 oil. it's mostly warm all year round here but of late, it's been bitingly cold coz our short rains are here. since i have to leave early some mornings, i noticed that gear changes are a little challenging until i've run a few miles and i guess...