14.625 standard turbo standard boost :)

mark1991

Member +
Had my first trip to crail today with a few others for tgtt carman, gary91, jordk and a few friends for a thrash day.

Having never done any drag racing my first time was 15.86 and i was a little bit... well i just did not know if it was good or not.
After 12 runs i put in a 14.625 which was my best time of the day :) The time will be on the crail web site in not too long so i will link it.

Front mounted filter
Front mounted intercooler
Jperformance decat
Japspeed cat back
Ash front mounted filter
Rota slip steams
Yoko paradas
Td04 actuator
Gizzmo ebc
standard ct9
0.72bar

Made 172bhp a few weeks ago at wallace performance, i did manage to beat a glanza running hybrid, 1.1bar, with trd lsd which ran a 14.7 lol

Any comments guys? good? avarage?

mark1991

Member +
comp stage 4, 6 puk.

SAM_0296.jpg

Was the hybrid white with like blue round the bottom ? If so i seen him the other week wen i was up wasnt racing tho had like 2 go's lol

Good times though mate ! Cant wait to go up when im tdo4 in a few weeks

Dan3SGTE

Member +
0.6bar is standard boost not 0.72...

For 172bhp id say thats about right. But im probably completely wrong though as judging on a few others views thats really slow and would expect maybe a low 12 or high 11 with that power. So yeah i guess it just depends who you ask.

Last edited:

AdDaMan

Member +

For 172bhp id say thats about right. But im probably completely wrong though as judging on a few others views thats really slow and would expect maybe a low 12 or high 11 with that power. So yeah i guess it just depends who you ask.

Lol!

pilgrim_fgau

Member +

Would get nowhere near 11s running 0.7 bar on a ct9

Paul_JJ

Member +

Actually standard boost is 0.65 BAR High and 0.45 BAR Low.
And getting low 12 on a standard turbo is impossible!

Jay

Admin
Oh and good work on the times Mark. Sounds like you enjoyed your first taste of drag racing! :cool:

mark1991

Member +
Cheers Jay, Had a good day going back in 2 weeks to crail for banzai. i might get my TD04 on and run 0.7bar with a fpr untill i get cash for ecu and mapping. just gutted that the car wheel spings all through 1st and some of 2nd. But i had to copy the big boys and do a burnout at the start lol

Also seen Enzo from UKSC with a n/a 82 what a sound guy, And martin broon in st andrews to buy collect so bits and bobs :) After meeting alot of the Starlteers on TGTT and UKSC, its by far one of the best forums around.

I am in the top 10 for that class 1300cc turbo :D

http://www.crailraceway.co.uk/recordscrail.php?recclass=3

Last edited:

Dan3SGTE

Member +
What id like to know is....... who exactly has doubted his time?

And lol... ok 0.65.. Its been a while since ive owned a standard starlet.. I just remember the boost being very very close to 0.6bar... not 0.7

Last edited:

Dan3SGTE

Member +
Are you wanting to argue about the diffrence that standard 0.65bar and my 0.7bar is making...

Huh? Not at all... It doesnt really matter really does it.. It'll probably be like 5hp or something.. very little difference.

I think your time is about right with the power your running.. Your power is far from standard weather your boost is or not.. Your up 40BHP over stock.

As you asked in your post, Any comments guys? good? avarage? I think its pretty average for your power.