3 connector ECU

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
does anyone have a link/pic of a 3 plug ECU? Apparently they're for auto's but I've got a 3 plug in my 99Glanza manual! :confused:

sx_turbo

Lifer
all glanzas are 3 plug and gt's are 2 plug.

i beleive the difference is there is an extra wire on the auto ones

ep91-1.gif

sx_turbo

Lifer
hutch sorry just looked at his diagram.

sorry fella but that wont work as you have a glanza ecu, the principle is the same but the location of the wires is different.

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
So how do I work out what wires go where? Has anyone got an EP82 ECU diagram? I'm guessing if I look at where the wires go on that I can work out where they go on the EP91?

sx_turbo

Lifer
nope u cant the ecu's are so much different.

in the instructions u got u should have diagrams in there. use the diagrams to wire into the ecu, and use bengt's diagram to wire the safc in to the fcd

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
2nd hand mate, no instructions or diagrams. :( I don't follow what your saying Ricky. I can't use Bens diagram coz mines a 3plug jobber.

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
I'm trying to get my head around how it works. What does the ECU do? It sends a signal out to tell everything what to do, does it recieve signals? I'm trying to work out what order the ECU FCD SAFC need to go in.

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
Wiring done. Just need to go out, reconnect the battery and do the initial set up. I'm scared! Will this need to be done if its 2nd hand? Will it remember the settings from the old car it was in?

sx_turbo

Lifer
it wont remember the settings from the old car, u now need to go get it setup on a rolling road as the car will be running massivley lean, i know this cos mine was, eben though i set my fpr to 3.7bar fuel pressure to get me to the tuner.

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
Just been out and started it up. Well i tried. I turned the ignition on and waited for the SAFC, it didn't ask for initial settings. The engine check light was on. I tried to start the car and it turned over, then cut out and died. Tried several times and it did the same everytime. I'm certain its wired up as per Bens diagram. Whats my next step?